Official Oregon Cruisers Dunes thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of water and sand in my v... Got it. For those who are bringing kids, how are you handling the bathroom situation? Is there some trees for the girls to squat behind or should I invest in a privy? Sorry for the nOOb ?'s. I can't find anything on-line about these dispersed sites and I don't want to be driving the the proper campground every hour...

Also, did anybody notice that the sand camping spots are non-alcohol?!?

If it's windy sand will cover everything on a tent, and if not you'll track it into your tent everywhere. So be prepared to have sand everywhere.

A privy would be a good idea. The trees/bushes would probably have cover, but people are everywhere. Has the JSC ever thought about purchasing on and a protable loon like Jesse's? Might be worth the investment for the future gatherings.

Matt

Well crap... Now it looks like we won't be able to make it. Aubrey's JRA is flaring back up and the soonest we can get her in for a joint injection is 6/13. Looks like we will be spending Father's Day weekend hanging out at home being low key.
:(

So who all is coming?

Still coming. Family is pretty excited about going, kids are looking forward to it.

TTT

I still have no idea what my schedule is- I might have a job.. I think that is a good thing. I really don't like the idea of camping in the sand with kids or other wonderful persons who like things clean.

For prep I'm trying to get my on board air set up on my rig so I can use my front locker (CO2 system). If not I'll just air down a little more. I already started a list of supplies for the trip and am considering staying until Sunday instead of leaving on Saturday since it sounds like we'll have plenty of room.

I've been looking at maps of the area and will probably get something set up in my little tablet of the dunes area to attempt navigation but from looking at satellites I'm wondering how easy it will be to find the camping spots? I'll have to see if I can find any GPS info for the camping spots because that would make them easy to navigate to. Which spot are we setting up first? Since I only know a few of you casually who's rig(s) should I be looking for to know I've found the right group? I'm pretty easy to spot and hear in my white FJ60 and loud diesel.

I'll be in my tan lifted 80 with rocket box atop. Matt is in a white lifted 80. James red lifted 4r.

Was going to look at the locations as well this weekend.

Not sure if Jesse, Travis, gnob are coming. But that would another white 80, 1st gen 4r, and probably suburban.

The spots are usually easy to find, markesdwith little signs (look like blm road markers). And depending when you show up ty is right, Couple of 80's probably a Sami or two. Better yet, look for the high class people and rigs, that'll surely be us.

I'm hoping to get out of town earlyish, but it'll probably be 9ish when we arrive.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom