Nut and Bolt Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be interested in participating in a group buy ... is that correct $90 US to ship from Oz to the US as noted in one of the 1st posts above ... if so that isn't to bad ... its pricy shipping from the US to Can ...

I'm in for a group buy as well. I almost bought the kit from cruiser corps and I saw the ebay auctions was great until I saw $90 for the shipping to TX

I would also be in for a group buy. My family owns a micro fastener business and I have been trying to source the same hardware that is offered in the eBay kit but have not been able to at a reasonable cost.

Bump because I'm still interested.

Also - asked before but not answered: Is there any disadvantage to using the "Flange Head" bolts sold by the jis-hardware US vendor, vs. OEM? Or is it simply the fact that they are not like OEM that is the issue?

You nailed it. They are not like OEM

You nailed it. They are not like OEM

But they would function, as well as OEM? Do the flanges get in the way in some applications?

Don't get me wrong, if I could get OEM at a price at, near, or lower than the flange-head setups, I'd go OEM, but if the flange-head bolts work in most circumstances, I don't think I'm picky enough to care...

Still interested to see if we can get something like the Aussie Kit in the same price range here in the states...or get a big shipment of Aussie kits to the US.

They will work just perfectly. @davework sells the kits here on the forum and on eBay. I have purchased his kits and they are quality. You will need 1 1/2 kits to complete your cruiser.

Regarding a group buy, we need to get someone who schedules containers to load up build quantities of all of these OEM like bolts/nuts and then disperse them from a central point in the US. I have no problem funding this type of project and being that guy.

I guess I'm just surprised that with the number of Japanese cars sold and serviced (not to mention produced) in the US, that there isn't a stateside supplier already importing JIS Automotive spec hardware.

Regarding a group buy, we need to get someone who schedules containers to load up build quantities of all of these OEM like bolts/nuts and then disperse them from a central point in the US. I have no problem funding this type of project and being that guy.

if that ends up materializing and getting shipping down enough to make it a good deal I would be in. I would also pay a share of the persons kit doing the dispersing stateside to make it worth their time, maybe if enough people want it and someone is playing the receiver role in the us they could have theirs paid for by others.... just an idea

I'm in for a group buy, one of our mates in oz would be kind enough to take care of us? Spent 6 weeks in Perth and almost came home with my dream cruiser...almost

How's that cruiser coming along Doc?

Funny that you should ask....this is the picture that Complete Off Road in Dubuque sent me yesterday. I am having them do the final wiring and installation of the vintage air system. Maybe I will get to drive it before the end of summer?

Doc

Totally unrelated to this thread - but what color is that? It's awesome!

I just got off the phone with a USA metric bolt supplier. I have given him the specs for the 400 piece OEM style bolts & nuts in the Sleez-Bay kits. He is going to try and price this up to match the kit that is being sold to our Aussie Brethren. As soon as I hear back, and if he can put this together, I'll be sure to post his contact information.

Note: He will give me two options:
#1 - Using sem-bolts with the washer & lock washer attached (for those with champagne taste)
#2 - Using full threaded bolts with the washer & lock washer not attached (for those with a beer budget)

I just got off the phone with a USA metric bolt supplier. I have given him the specs for the 400 piece OEM style bolts & nuts in the Sleez-Bay kits. He is going to try and price this up to match the kit that is being sold to our Aussie Brethren. As soon as I hear back, and if he can put this together, I'll be sure to post his contact information.

Note: He will give me two options:
#1 - Using sem-bolts with the washer & lock washer attached (for those with champagne taste)
#2 - Using full threaded bolts with the washer & lock washer not attached (for those with a beer budget)

Great work. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with :beer:

on a side note where are you located I am an Architect down in Augusta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom