New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The sidewalls between the KO and the KO2 are night and day...I was also unimpressed with the KO sidewall, but have thoroughly thrashed the KO2 with no issues.

The "more" open outer lugs on the KO2 help a ton in mud...and while the center pattern is similar, picture one "row" of tread removed, and widening the gap of the rest...the added openness of the center helps too.

I'm trying to find something I don't like on the KO2's...and haven't...yet...almost a year now...

I ordered a set of good old 33x12.50/15 KO2s last week. Only $675 shipped from 4wd.com. Ordered them last week and they are due to arrive tomorrow. It first said they wouldn't ship until the end of this month, but then that changed after the weekend.

Last edited:
I want to get the KO2s in 285/75/16, set of 4 tires.

Called local Costco and they quoted $230.99 per tire bottom line installed, balanced. That's $923 for set of 4.

Discount tire direct is $228 shipped, that's $912 plus mount balance locally approx $15 per tire so bottom line 912+60 = $972

Tirerack is $840 for set of 4 plus $112 shipping. With local mount/balance the bottomline would be $1012.

Just checked 4wd.com and they indeed have an amazing price of $671 for set of 4. Adding mount/balance would be $731.

Two questions:

1. I am very new to the LC world - is 4wd.com a reputable vendor? Good/bad experiences? Just wondering why would they do such a big discount. Any advice before I order?

2. Is there any other vendor that could do even better than 4wd.com (which I think is already a great price)?

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I'm curious about this as well. A local mechanic mentioned to look at the production dates, or ask about them, as some of the cheaper tires come from older stock, stored with varying temps, etc. I guess that's less the case with the new KO2. I'm no expert just recycling what I was told. By someone who might have benefitted from getting me tires from somewhere other than Tire Rack, full disclosure

I want to get the KO2s in 285/75/16, set of 4 tires.

Called local Costco and they quoted $230.99 per tire bottom line installed, balanced. That's $923 for set of 4.

Discount tire direct is $228 shipped, that's $912 plus mount balance locally approx $15 per tire so bottom line 912+60 = $972

Tirerack is $840 for set of 4 plus $112 shipping. With local mount/balance the bottomline would be $1012.

Just checked 4wd.com and they indeed have an amazing price of $671 for set of 4. Adding mount/balance would be $731.

Two questions:

1. I am very new to the LC world - is 4wd.com a reputable vendor? Good/bad experiences? Just wondering why would they do such a big discount. Any advice before I order?

2. Is there any other vendor that could do even better than 4wd.com (which I think is already a great price)?

Sent from my iPhone

Ive bought many sets of tires over the past several years and I have searched and searched for the lowest prices all over. I have basically purchased tires 2 different ways.

1. Go to Discount Tire in person, ask for the manager on duty, get a price on the tires you want, then negotiate. The manager has the authority to lower the price to get the sale. They will also price match with prices you find online. If they don't have them in stock, they'll order them then call you when they come in, take your car in, they install them, boom, done. Good thing about Discount Tire is they do free lifetime rotation and balancing. But be careful, every time I go in there, I hear them trying to upsell some poor schlub on wheels or something. I never get the extended warranty certificates or anything, just get in and get out. Ive heard them say something like a "wheel is bent and it won't balance right." But DTs aren't all over the country, in some areas its called Tire Kingdom I think and then there are other unrelated chains that probably operate the same way. Just find the one closest to you and try to establish a relationship with them.

2. Find the tires online, (ebay, National Tire and Wheel.com, 4WD.com, etc....) have them shipped to you (the free shipping is key here) call a few local tire shops to get the lowest price on mounting and balancing, lug the tires up there and say here you go, mount em up. This is often the cheapest way when different online retailers have sales or something, like 4WD apparently is right now. Michelin and BFG also do rebates every other month or so which helps. At DT, you fill out a form and they send you a Visa card with $70 on it, some of these retailers work that into the price up front.

Ive never bought a set of tires from Tire Rack, Ive always found them cheaper elsewhere, usually a good bit cheaper.

As far as 4wd.com, they are huge. Pretty sure they are the same as 4wheelparts.com because they have the same prices on tires right now. They sell a lot of stuff, probably just selling stuff on smaller margins because they sell so much. So far so good, with them. I ordered them last Thursday, and they sent me an email confirmation immediately, then sent an update with UPS tracking numbers the next day. The tracking numbers went live the following day, and as of this morning, they are in my town, out for delivery today. As far as the date of the tires, I wouldn't worry about that with the KO2s since they are a new tire. Im a dealer so Ive bought dozens of sets of tires over the past several years for cars I was restoring and selling, and this is what Ive found.

RE: www.4wd.com...

I just looked up a set of five 315/75/16 KO2s and final "in cart" price came to $920.70!! That's with free shipping! Might go ahead and pull the trigger on these. I've got tire mount and balance machines at my disposal at work, so no additional cost to me.

[edit] final out the door price w/GA sales tax was $985.17 and they are definitely related to 4 Wheel Parts because there was the option to pickup at store and my two local locations were listed.

Last edited:
RE: www.4wd.com...

I just looked up a set of five 315/75/16 KO2s and final "in cart" price came to $920.70!! That's with free shipping! Might go ahead and pull the trigger on these. I've got tire mount and balance machines at my disposal at work, so no additional cost to me.

[edit] final out the door price w/GA sales tax was $985.17 and they are definitely related to 4 Wheel Parts because there was the option to pickup at store and my two local locations were listed.
I see you are in Atlanta. So am I. Where do you used to have them mounted and balanced and how do you like them?

You probably can't see the time stamp on my post if your are on a mobile device, but I **just** purchased them yesterday online. They won't arrive for about a week. I've never bought tires online before, but these seemed like the best deal I could find at less than $200/tire delivered. In the past, I've always bought my tires at 4WP or Kauffman and had them mount them for me.

4wd and 4wheelparts are same parent company or something. Ordered Saturday, delivered yesterday. Having them mounted at local dealership with "seasonal tire rotation" coupon for $60.

20151022_164637.jpg

You probably can't see the time stamp on my post if your are on a mobile device, but I **just** purchased them yesterday online. They won't arrive for about a week. I've never bought tires online before, but these seemed like the best deal I could find at less than $200/tire delivered. In the past, I've always bought my tires at 4WP or Kauffman and had them mount them for me.
Well call me surprised! Mine just arrived this morning. Going to throw them on a pallet, store them for another month or so and eek the last 1/16" out of my current meats.

2015-10_Tires-BFGKO2 (2).JPG

I'm waiting to find out if they made a mistake by not providing a miliage warranty. I can't afford tires that don't have it bcs my canyon road wear tires down so rapidly

I been trying to decide if I should get a Michelin or KO2 since summer. I got to pull the trigger here soon with winter is coming up.

I really like how KO2 look like, but Michelin has been great to us. It just last a long time, smooth and quiet. I am like you that I am concerned how fast this tires wear down and the noise and smoothness on highway. Has anyone driven KO2 for like 20K miles, and can report how much it wear down the tires?

Chris

I'll have one year on my 315's at the end of November...expect a full writeup :)

Unsure on mileage...believe I have 10k on them at this point. And "wear" is relative for me, since mine see more than normal offroad abuse :)

I have KO2's on my 3500 Ram mega dually too...replaced the 6 Rugged Terrains that were on there...those tires had 63,000 miles on them, 90% of that with a 4500# camper in the bed and a 10k trailer in tow...THOROUGHLY impressed with how long they lasted, and I hope for similar results from the KO2's.

The sidewalls between the KO and the KO2 are night and day...I was also unimpressed with the KO sidewall, but have thoroughly thrashed the KO2 with no issues.

The "more" open outer lugs on the KO2 help a ton in mud...and while the center pattern is similar, picture one "row" of tread removed, and widening the gap of the rest...the added openness of the center helps too.

I'm trying to find something I don't like on the KO2's...and haven't...yet...almost a year now...

The KO2's came out a couple of months after I bought my KO's :(. Since the only off reading my 100 sees in driving into my garage I'm OK but I love the looks of the 2's, would of waited if I knew they were coming out. My problem is that the last KO's I had on my 80 series lasted over 80k miles. So I think I'm good for awhile.

The KO2's came out a couple of months after I bought my KO's :(. Since the only off reading my 100 sees in driving into my garage I'm OK but I love the looks of the 2's, would of waited if I knew they were coming out. My problem is that the last KO's I had on my 80 series lasted over 80k miles. So I think I'm good for awhile.

I like the looks of the KOs better myself. The KO2 is a better tire, but I just like the simple, classic looks of the KO. You could sell the KOs on craigslist pretty easily and get a good bit for them.

I just ordered a set of 285/75R16 KO2s for my 70 Series. Thought long and hard about what I wanted and went with that. I really wanted the KO2s in 255/85R16 but they don't make those afaik. Can't wait to try them out. Curious about the wet-weather traction. I understand with the sipes the KO2s are better- plus they have the snowflake rating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom