New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

200fulldroop.jpg

Pictures? I need tires for my 4Runner
will look, but don't believe I took one...like most trucks at Expo, it was covered in mud :)

I hope you are right on the July release...

I was just in Discount Tire this morning, I asked the clerk to look for the 33x10.5r15 in his system. Shows no release date, none in inventory, and the SKU did not even shoot back an entry in the distribution system. He said he can back order, but has no idea of when it will be released. Maybe the clerk I talked to wasn't looking in the right place?

He did say a set of 4 would be $748...

I believe the next major size release is in August. The 9th rings a bell for some reason. I know I'm waiting on the 235/80R17's for my Ram dually...and hoping I can stall that long (over 55k on my current set of Rugged Terrains)

Had a blow out on my 2500hd diesel today running 3 year old KO1's with lots of tread life left. Been running KO1's since the 1990's on all my vehicles, including my current 100 series. Have been really happy with the KO1s up until the last 2 sets I've purchased (for both referenced vehicles). From day 1, both seemed (for lack of a better term) hard and very stiff. The ones on my pick up began cracking with small pieces chipping off within a year, and then had the blow out today. Seeing a similar pattern occurring with those on the land cruiser.

Was thinking of giving up on BFGs but decided to put KO2s on my pick up after the blow out today. Drove 70 miles home and initial highway impression is good. Ride quality is awesome. Hopefully this continues and is not just the new tire feeling.

Last edited:
I believe the next major size release is in August. The 9th rings a bell for some reason.

Hey Woody, any update on this? Would this mean what lisponger heard about the 33x10/15s coming in July would be incorrect?

I wish for a 255/65r16 but I guess I'm out of luck!

You mean 255/85-16? I like that size too. Wonder if there are any plans for that size?

You mean 255/85-16? I like that size too. Wonder if there are any plans for that size?

Yeah I ment 85, but I couldn't find it. Maybe this fall.

I did find maxxis creepy crawlers in 255, but the German seller does not answer my e mails.

Heading out this weekend, for three weeks of exploring, first week is trails all day.
I hope the 3 stt's and one old spare mtr holds up!

Just ordered a pair of KO2's in 33x10.50R15 thru 4 Wheel Parts. I was quoted mid-August delivery.

Last edited:
Yup, just ordered a set of 33x10.5r15 ko2 as well. Was originally quoted the 16 of August but got call this morning and was told it is more like 3-4 weeks from now.

Swapping out the KOs for KO2s right now. Have had several sets of KOs over the past (what seems like) 20 years and this last set were the worst riding tire I can remember. Just spent 3000 miles on the road and couldn't wait to get back and change them. Can't wait to see how the KO2s ride on the Land Cruiser. Put a set on my pick up a few months ago and seems like a huge improvement over the KOs.

I'm waiting to find out if they made a mistake by not providing a miliage warranty. I can't afford tires that don't have it bcs my canyon road wear tires down so rapidly

I just added new KO2's to my 97 FJZ. I get anti-lock vibes when slowing to stops even if not actually locking up the tires. Is this common? Normal, no warning light, and I'm wondering if the tread pattern causes this false anti lock kicking-in??? Any feedback is most appreciated.

BTW.... the ride is very good. Been on a couple 200 mile trips.... no problems except the weird/false anti-lock sensation.

I just added new KO2's to my 97 FJZ. I get anti-lock vibes when slowing to stops even if not actually locking up the tires. Is this common? Normal, no warning light, and I'm wondering if the tread pattern causes this false anti lock kicking-in??? Any feedback is most appreciated.

BTW.... the ride is very good. Been on a couple 200 mile trips.... no problems except the weird/false anti-lock sensation.
I doubt its the tires. Check your ABS sensors, one of them could have gotten knocked loose on install of the tires.

I have been running the older KO and been pretty happy. My only real complaint is how they do in the mud and side wall damage. I have a nice 4-6" slice in one of my tires from a sharp rock. It is still holding air and has just become my spair. If these KO2s are better in those two areas i will consider them. But i am also looking at the Toyo MY which should be better in the mud and has very strong side wall as well. Just really cant make up my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom