Meetings (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in. Looking forward to it.

Haha it is a cruiser meet up isn't it? Almost had the Mrs drive it up for free dinner...

I'm here

@Godwin Could we do a meeting and look for snakes?? If so let me know where to sign up to be volunteer.

Saw this in the chit chat while bored at the office on a Saturday.....

"Winter weather in south Alabama is warm, as in 50s-60s, sometimes low 70s. As part of our indigo snake research we've planning on enlisting volunteers to come out on a weekend or two in late Feb or early March to help look for snakes. Wanna join us?"

@Intern22 no dates are set yet for a snake hunt but when I know I'll pass it along. I'll make it a public announcement for anyone that wants to join us.

Sounds great!

Cahaba has a new spot I've heard great things about. If people don't want to go downtown there's On Tap by the Galleria they have good wings. I really don't care. I liked Oak Hill just because it's close to me.

I'm OK with Cahaba... but not at 8PM... FUDGE THAT.

Secondly, If anyone suggests a standard restaurant that requires seating numbers and then a waiter that is eager for the table to leave after eating... Then I'm out.
BWW bar area is a great style of eating cause the servers do not mind minglers, drink-only orderers. Comers and goers. And the food is halfway decent. Plenty of parking and plenty of seating.
Every time we've changed the meet location, it's simply been terrible. Oak Hill's food is the literally the WORST steak I've ever eaten at a restuarant... and it was their SPECIAL that night. It was suggested by the server and I ordered it. Ordered a potato with it and got fries. s***ty fries. Oak Hill is a fine place to meet for drinks, but that's not the point of these "meetings"... firepits are for that.

Actually, does Cahaba have food yet?

Hardees on 31

Hardees on 31

Great place for breakfast. Great place for burgers. Great place for parking actually. It'd be a great place if we were to kick tires outside. This is a vehicle club afterall.

Let's not forget that cahaba is owned by a club member. We only moved because they weren't open on weds and Eric was opening just for us even when he had to work at the fire station. If no food trucks you can bring dinner in.

...too bad no one lives in a giant workshop. That would be a perfect place to kick tires.

No guilt tripping here. I've begged folks to come out even with offering parts for free... Haven't seen a soul.

I'm open for a meeting here. But nothing too late. Make fun of me all you want, but Wednesdays is not the night to be out late. Friday?Saturday? hell yeah. Camp fire so I don't hafta drive? even better.

I'm not sure I get a vote anymore but they do allow outside food and they usually have a food truck around. I know last Saturday it was one of the many taco trucks around.

Plans?

I'm in for most anything that is close to hoover Pelham alabaster area. I don't do well downtown or over the mountain on weeknights.

I'm afraid I have to agree with intern22, I'm out on meeting in Crestwood mid-week evenings. I wouldn't mind a Saturday morning meet-up at the brewery, during daylight hours. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom