Los Angeles Mechanic Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did the head gasket and replaced all my A/C components this winter on my 1996 LX450. I need the A/C to blow cold, any good Cruiser shops in Los Angeles that know how to work on these old tanks.

Thanks!

Unless you're drowning in money, avoid TLC 4x4 in Chatsworth. They seem to do a great job at full restorations and restomods, but service work clients are second-rate citizens to those looking to spend upwards of $150k. It'll take forever and the work is "just ok"

Where in LA?

Second what @AAdam said and also:
K&H Imports in Canoga Park
YotaMasters in Riverside
Topline in Huntington Beach

The peeps at RPM Garage are super solid. Honest dudes and good work. Warning though, it takes FOREVER due to popularity and demand. They work hard and fast but damn, they got sooooo many people that rely on them.

My mechanic passed away a couple years ago and it has been a PITA finding a new shop.

-I just called Shige's and they were pretty disinterested in servicing an 80-series, but said '96 or newer, maybe.
-West Coast Tire & Service was a little bit the same and said '95 and newer preferred, but they were at least open to taking a look and said if it was engine/drivetrain that they could probably do it.
-I'm out in SGV occasionally, so maybe I should try RPM

I never thought finding a mechanic who would even accept the truck for service would be a problem. I'll give West Coast Tire a shot next time I have something small and see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Reviving an old thread. I need to get a truck inspected for a potential purchase. Would K&H be a good candidate to do a pre-purchase inspection? Truck is in the Los Angeles area, but I'm not exactly sure where. It's an imported diesel.

Reviving an old thread. I need to get a truck inspected for a potential purchase. Would K&H be a good candidate to do a pre-purchase inspection? Truck is in the Los Angeles area, but I'm not exactly sure where. It's an imported diesel.
Are you going to be allowed to take it to a shop or is the owner taking it to a shop of your choice?

Are you going to be allowed to take it to a shop or is the owner taking it to a shop of your choice?
Unknown. How does that impact the shop you recommend?

Well just wondering, are you looking for a mobile mechanic to check it out or can you bring it to a shop?
I could probably make either happen. I would prioritize thoroughness/professionalism over convenience.

giver these guys a call, they know what they are doing, and busy..but at least they actually wheel the trucks and know how to fix what you need fixed.

you can find them on IG too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom