Looking for replacement leather options for my 96 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks nice

Just replace seats with recaro seats! Kits run $550-$600 for two front seats and labor ranges from $350-$500 easily cost of new recaros plus you would need to replace seat cushion which adds aprox $200 per seat!

they match the color?

Thanks for the pic. It looks pretty light compared to the seat, but it is always hard to tell in pics. How does it look in person?
I don't think the picture does it justice. The match is very close. With them installed, you can't tell the difference in color. It is closer than anything I've seen. The texture of the leather is the big difference. It's a rougher texture than the factory leather. FYI, I did not replace the door armrest, those in the photo are factory.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't think the picture does it justice. The match is very close. With them installed, you can't tell the difference in color. It is closer than anything I've seen. The texture of the leather is the big difference. It's a rougher texture than the factory leather. FYI, I did not replace the door armrest, those in the photo are factory.

Those look fantastic, especially for the price!

What are people's thoughts on this?
I ordered the center console cover and got it in 2 days. I ordered from another vendor and did not even get a reply til I asked to be refunded a week later. Got my refund and ordered this the same day. Even came with padding stitched into the top. Color match is perfect.

I'm excited to see Frank has the recessed strips available now in the leather seats. I didn't see when those became available and that was the deal breaker for me.

I agree, mine look similar to yours. The color match isn't perfect but neither are the rest my old factory seats. Had them installed for $250, and that included several attempts to repair the gamviti plastic drive gears by installing the replacement kit and the seat extension bracket, but the seats still don't move (they do on a table but not installed, maybe the motor is too weak). So for about $500 total for brand new seats I am very satisfied. They did not install the armrests on mine either because they were concerned about removing the door panel and with stapling the leather onto it, but the originals are still in very good shape like yours are and the match is fine in my book. Also the perforations came out perfect! I think the leather is excellent quality and it feels great.

Seat1.png

Seat2.png

Seat3.png

Seat4.png

I'm really liking all of the positive lseat.com reviews. The price of a Cruiser Heaven kit is hard to justify for my Cruiser, and if these are as good as the most recent reviews seem to indicate they may be exactly what I need. It also looks like your installers did a great job!

I'm really liking all of the positive lseat.com reviews. The price of a Cruiser Heaven kit is hard to justify for my Cruiser, and if these are as good as the most recent reviews seem to indicate they may be exactly what I need. It also looks like your installers did a great job!
im thinking the same thing

I agree, mine look similar to yours. The color match isn't perfect but neither are the rest my old factory seats. Had them installed for $250, and that included several attempts to repair the gamviti plastic drive gears by installing the replacement kit and the seat extension bracket, but the seats still don't move (they do on a table but not installed, maybe the motor is too weak). So for about $500 total for brand new seats I am very satisfied. They did not install the armrests on mine either because they were concerned about removing the door panel and with stapling the leather onto it, but the originals are still in very good shape like yours are and the match is fine in my book. Also the perforations came out perfect! I think the leather is excellent quality and it feels great.

View attachment 1281144

View attachment 1281145

View attachment 1281146

View attachment 1281147

Are these the Lseat covers or Franks?

Are these the Lseat covers or Franks?
Lseat, the only option for $300. They still look and feel great, I couldn't be happier. Excellent fit and quality. I will probably do the second row in a year or so after I do all the rest of the things the rig needs. So far I have poured about $6000 into the truck just to get it where it should be, but now it is a pleasure to drive and I would take it anywhere. This was one of the most cost effective "mods/upgrades" I spent on it even though it was cosmetic. Unfortunately most of the rest were necessary just so it could be driven but I got it SO cheap I can't complain. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Lseat.

Lseat, the only option for $300. They still look and feel great, I couldn't be happier. Excellent fit and quality. I will probably do the second row in a year or so after I do all the rest of the things the rig needs. So far I have poured about $6000 into the truck just to get it where it should be, but now it is a pleasure to drive and I would take it anywhere. This was one of the most cost effective "mods/upgrades" I spent on it even though it was cosmetic. Unfortunately most of the rest were necessary just so it could be driven but I got it SO cheap I can't complain. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Lseat.
Second row Land Cruiser seats are not listed but LX450 second row is available from Lseat. I hope they offer second row Land Cruiser seats soon.

Will LX450 seat covers fit in a Land Cruiser?

Micah,

Lids are going to be 1/4" aluminum with dual doors, bare metal. $475.00 with locking latches and stainless bolt/nuts.

I also will have the cargo storage panels as well.

Not making it to CF16.... too much to do here unfortunately.

Here is what the 100 lid will look like, so you van get an idea...

Jason

100 Rear 2.png

Will LX450 seat covers fit in a Land Cruiser?
Are you talking about the front row or second row. I know the front is different. Not sure about the rear.

If you send your existing covers to lseat they will make a template to make the rears.

Are you talking about the front row or second row. I know the front is different. Not sure about the rear.

If you send your existing covers to lseat they will make a template to make the rears.
I need the 2nd row for the kids.

I know there are stitching differences with the bar through the seat but is there any other differences? Will the LX450's just not fit?

Just replace seats with recaro seats! Kits run $550-$600 for two front seats and labor ranges from $350-$500 easily cost of new recaros plus you would need to replace seat cushion which adds aprox $200 per seat!

Recaros are a so nice but new Recaros will set you back $1k-$3k each. If you watch Craigslist you can find a pair of used Recaros out of an old GTI for under a grand and seats out of an Audi S4 for closer to $2k.

I tried the LSeat leather on one of my LX's and for $300 I'd call it excellent. I installed myself and it wasn't bad but my hands looked like I'd been in a fight with a cat when all was said and done. I used ecru white (it doesn't match great but the texture is smooth like factory). I plan to order two rows for my other LX in bisque. I'm still anxiously waiting on Landcruiser heaven for a cloth option for my built cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom