Looking for replacement leather options for my 96 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very happy with Land Cruiser Heaven. Frank was great to work with, These were on my 97' LC, but he has kits for the LX450.

Land Cruiser Heaven

leather 1.jpg

Leather 2.jpg

Leather 3.jpg

leather 4.jpg

but how much was gas?
Yep - didn't really indicate this was much of a viable option for most folks. Gas bill - yikes - yet to work that one out but with approx 10 mpg not too hard to do the maths on 30K miles ! Would I do it again - absolutely (experience for myself and family - priceless)

Has anyone contacted Lseat recently? For nearly a month I have phoned, texted and emailed SEVERAL times requesting the samples to determine color matching but haven't heard a thing back from them. Have they gone out of business? If this is how they respond to customers I think I need to look elsewhere.

You need to call Frank, it's the last and only option unless you can get a local guy to do it and that aint gonna be cheap.

Has anyone contacted Lseat recently? For nearly a month I have phoned, texted and emailed SEVERAL times requesting the samples to determine color matching but haven't heard a thing back from them. Have they gone out of business? If this is how they respond to customers I think I need to look elsewhere.

You need to call Frank, it's the last and only option unless you can get a local guy to do it and that aint gonna be cheap.

I haven't kept up with the forum, so who is Frank?

starting to sound like Lseat.com is falling from the wayside?? to bad if they are, I like there leather seat covers

starting to sound like Lseat.com is falling from the wayside?? to bad if they are, I like there leather seat covers
well i'm a cheap bastard, and already feel like spending 299 on my rig for front seats is like putting lipstick on a pig, and the reviews so far have been pretty positive... so i pulled the trigger on a set... hopefully i'm not asking for money back in my near future... will update with my experiences when it arrives...

After more than a year of use I'm still happy with the Lseat product. Leather is tight. No wear areas. No loose stitching.
The lark color is light, and as I said in my original post, it does tend to show dirt. When I get a nice day, I'll try to clean it up a bit.

Thanks for the update guys. I would certainly prefer spending $600 over $1300 for leather.

After more than a year of use I'm still happy with the Lseat product. Leather is tight. No wear areas. No loose stitching.
The lark color is light, and as I said in my original post, it does tend to show dirt. When I get a nice day, I'll try to clean it up a bit.
i got brown with tan stitching... hoping it doesn't look terrible... going to be a sea of brown, but.... i like brown

Well, today I finally received my Leather Swath samples. So I guess Lseat is still alive. I see from the sample kit their address is in SW Houston towards Katy about an hour and a half from me. I have to hit Houston on April 6 so maybe I'll drive by and see their location, but it seems from the address it may just be strip mall storage unit, but then again maybe not. I'll let everyone know what I find.

Well, today I finally received my Leather Swath samples. So I guess Lseat is still alive. I see from the sample kit their address is in SW Houston towards Katy about an hour and a half from me. I have to hit Houston on April 6 so maybe I'll drive by and see their location, but it seems from the address it may just be strip mall storage unit, but then again maybe not. I'll let everyone know what I find.

I got my brown with tan stitching.... lseat is definitely still alive... leather was pretty good quality... i'm impressed for 299... i'm sure Franks are nicer though...

also, to anyone else, don't get brown with tan stitching.... totally clashes with the darker browns in the oak interior...

gonna have to paint the entire center console black to make it look half decent...

2016-03-24%2010.16.22%20HDR.jpg

also, the front two seats came with center console cover and armrests (the armrests i won't do, mine are in decent shape, and this color just was a poor choice on my part....) it's quite a complete kit...

don't do what i did and try to change it up, though

i had the swatches and i thought the color was good, but once it's in the truck it just looks so orange next to the dark brown trim...

i guess what i was really wanting was a chocolate, which lseat doesn't have...

i installed myself... it's a ton of work, took several hours, although i didn't know what i was doing... that was just one seat too, and i havn't even done the back plate yet...

didn't use hog rings, used zip ties, which ended up working quite well...

also trying to find a good deal on driver's seat foam before i do the drivers... i'm sure it's shot...

it's just a hard pill to swallow when it costs half as much as the leather did...

Last edited:
Just received my covers today, not bad since I only ordered three weeks ago, I was thinking it would take a month. I must say I am pleased with the leather quality, the workmanship and the color is as was expected from the swatches (I went with bisque). They come in a vacuum sealed bag (nice packing!), note how the perforations all lined up well. Talk about bang for the buck, these are the way to go IMO.
20160427_135916.jpg
20160427_171708.jpg
20160427_171723.jpg
20160427_135916.jpg
20160427_171708.jpg
20160427_171723.jpg

20160427_171955.jpg

20160427_172007.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, very nice!

Looks good. I'm surprised everyone is going with the perforations. Any reason why?

BTW, is the Bisque the closest color to the factory tan and which stitching color did you go with?

Last edited:
Perforations provide the opportunity for better air circulation within the covers, thereby helping to avoid a slippery cover due to perspiration buildup on the cover on a hot humid day. I hate it when my shirt back sticks to the seat cover. YMMV.

I am a bit color blind so I asked several people which swatch most closely matched the seats in my vehicle, they all said the bisque with the lark second. I agreed. Placing the new cover against the second row seats it appears to be a bit lighter than the existing covers, and the lark is even lighter so I think I got the best match. I went with same color stitching, I am a bang for buck guy and thought I could best use the extra investment for something that hopefully will make the seat more comfortable (perforations). Again YMMV.

Perforations provide the opportunity for better air circulation within the covers, thereby helping to avoid a slippery cover due to perspiration buildup on the cover on a hot humid day. I hate it when my shirt back sticks to the seat cover. YMMV.

I am a bit color blind so I asked several people which swatch most closely matched the seats in my vehicle, they all said the bisque with the lark second. I agreed. Placing the new cover against the second row seats it appears to be a bit lighter than the existing covers, and the lark is even lighter so I think I got the best match. I went with same color stitching, I am a bang for buck guy and thought I could best use the extra investment for something that hopefully will make the seat more comfortable (perforations). Again YMMV.

Just like paint samples look different from the actual paint once it is on the wall.
I wanted a darker color in same family as the original leather in 1997 lx450.
I went with dark beige and the actual item is slightly different from swatch and is very close match to original leather.

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm close to pulling the trigger on these. Do they sell the armrest and center console covers?

Oh, and did you all get any of the tools and accessories from there? trying to figure out what else I need to put these in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom