Looking for Recommendations on Good Solid Engine Hoist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also used the HF hoist when doing the RMS. I had used it previously for a variety of things; never any issues.
HF was a good source for some lifting straps as well.
By the way I left the gas tank in but should have just taken it out. It was just too tight getting the tunnel out, etc.

IMG_5203.jpeg

I just removed my transmission and transfercase this last weekend. I wrapped a ratchet strap around the transmission while my dad used a jack underneath the transfer case to lower it down. It was quite heavy and we didn't drop it but it would have been much easier with a hoist. I'm looking for used hoists myself because I'm not sure we can use the same method to re-install it.

I also used the HF hoist when doing the RMS. I had used it previously for a variety of things; never any issues.
HF was a good source for some lifting straps as well.
By the way I left the gas tank in but should have just taken it out. It was just too tight getting the tunnel out, etc.

View attachment 3544919
Thanks. That is a great photo. I was hoping not to have to drain the cooling system to remove the front heater. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you were able to extract the tunnel without removing the heater.

Thanks. That is a great photo. I was hoping not to have to drain the cooling system to remove the front heater. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you were able to extract the tunnel without removing the heater.
I need to replace my heater core and when I worked on it earlier (why didn’t I replace it then ((face palm))) I used a cheap set of hose pincers from O’reillys then just unioned the hoses together in the engine bay. That way I only had to drain what was in the heater.
image.jpg

Correct, I left the heater installed. I was wondering if I was going to have to pull that as well but the tunnel slips underneath it.

Harbor Freight for the win. If used like I did, reinforce where I had to (gold paint at bottom).

71553845490__1B81D35E-0463-472E-AA1E-92EA78D1C243.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom