Fiberglass hardtop paint recommendations please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am getting ready to paint the hardtop on my 40. Anyone have a recommendation for the best paint to use? Looking for a clean smooth satin white finish.

Satin or shiny? I just used automotive single-stage white paint on one of my project trucks. I did not add any flex additives or things like that. I'm sure a paint shop could add a flattening agent to make it less shiny.

20231003_203905.jpg
20231003_203858.jpg
20231004_185820.jpg

This……. would have liked it to be less WHITE but it turned out pretty good :cheers:
IMG_0825.png
IMG_0824.png

IMG_1421.jpeg

IMG_1422.jpeg

I did Rustoleum gloss white on mine and also the bezel. Used 6 cans for 4 thick coats on each. I like the contrast of the bright white and the green body paint plus gloss white looks more like the original gel coating to me.

fotor_1630957879327.jpg

fotor_1636246762126.jpg

I did Rustoleum gloss white on mine and also the bezel. Used 6 cans for 4 thick coats on each. I like the contrast of the bright white and the green body paint plus gloss white looks more like the original gel coating to me.

View attachment 3590550

View attachment 3590552
Beautiful! I'm never too great with gloss for some reason. Always gets blotchy on me. Maybe if i color sand and buff after. Any clear coat? Or just straight white? I'm wafflling on white or off white. My cruiser is light blue. Top was bright white. I actually think the previous owner did it with roof coating .... it was sand finish. Going smooth now.

Beautiful! I'm never too great with gloss for some reason. Always gets blotchy on me. Maybe if i color sand and buff after. Any clear coat? Or just straight white? I'm wafflling on white or off white. My cruiser is light blue. Top was bright white. I actually think the previous owner did it with roof coating .... it was sand finish. Going smooth now.
Straight white over grey primer. I had a couple blotchy spots I didn't like at first. I put turtle wax over it a few months later after it fully cured and it hid them well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom