Local machine shop for wheel repair? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
This one is a bit odd. I need to find someone who can mill down the INSIDE face of an aluminum wheel I bought. I bought a set of 4, with tires, off of CL but did not notice that one of the rims was damaged on the inside face of the wheel. :bang: I did mount it temporarily on the front to see what was going on. Vibration at around 65 (but could be because it needs balancing) at slow speeds you can see a very slight wobble when driving behind, but you do have to look for it.

I am guessing I need to take off about 0.05 to get it flat.

Any ideas?
attachment.php

Wheel damage.jpg

I am looking for wheel refinishing too.

Machine shop for wheel: Call Todd at S&S Machine 480-464-9385. Ask him about your wheel, if they cannot I am sure he can direct you to someone who can.

Wheel refinishing: Fresh Wheels 623-341-1848 (They offer mobile service too). What they can do with curb rash is simply amazing...

Used to be a guy on Craigslist that advertised wheel repairs. I think he had a retail used wheel outlet. John

how much more specific can information get, really :lol:

:flipoff2:

I'm sure you can find a place in Phx. In Tucson, the company is NU Wheel. I would like to see the wheel "turned" on a lathe in place of milling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom