Builds Limited V8 4Runner "Build" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah it sucks but I can get it fixed. My previous off-road rig was on 37s with dual transfer cases and could go just about anywhere. Big difference wheeling this truck. I will still do some lighter wheeling and camping and stuff with the 4Runner for sure though. It is actually amazing off-road. I was massively impressed with it at the event. I followed my friend @BMThiker all over the place. With a little more armor and some bigger tires I think I could go just about anywhere he does. But getting into the hardest trails still requires a buggy or something close. So that's def my next move.

I agree, these are capable rigs and drive uber nice when not jacked up sky high. I have a slight lift, around 1.75" with a decent set of tires and the thing is a pleasure to wheel with. It does take more care when it comes to picking out the lines but totally worth the compromise.

I agree, these are capable rigs and drive uber nice when not jacked up sky high. I have a slight lift, around 1.75" with a decent set of tires and the thing is a pleasure to wheel with. It does take more care when it comes to picking out the lines but totally worth the compromise.

Totally agree. It's a very fun truck to wheel. It's also really nice to have windows and A/C and leather seats and cup holders... Don't get any of those creature comforts in a buggy!!

@BW200 yeah good thing!!!

Truck is going in to the body shop this week. I have a tough decision to make though. I can have them replace my front bumper while they are fixing everything else, or leave the front alone and wait until I finally decide to buy an aftermarket bumper. I've been procrastinating on that for about... 2 years already so who knows when that will be.

Thoughts?

My son's 4th is getting one of these, have to decide the flavor.

Steel....
374541871.jpg

Or aluminum...
379679186.jpg

thats nice looking

Which company is that? I kind of like the mini-hoop version. I'm not sure how I feel about the aluminum bumpers though.
Hefty fab. Well proven in aluminum.

That aluminum is $$$$ though. $1,695 plus shipping. Going to be almost 2 grand.

But it weighs almost nothing and is still tough

But it weighs almost nothing and is still tough

Yeah I'm sure. Probably going to be a no on that though. I can't see spending 2k plus a winch when I am not going to wheel that truck hard anymore. Doesn't make sense.

Yeah I'm sure. Probably going to be a no on that though. I can't see spending 2k plus a winch when I am not going to wheel that truck hard anymore. Doesn't make sense.

If you're not going to wheel it hard, leave the front end stock.

I'd forget the front bumper, if there are no plans for a winch. Or, are you looking for commuter armor?

Kinda. Just figured if I was going to have to replace it, might be worth an aftermarket option. Based on price I think I'm just going to keep it as is.

If you're not going to wheel it hard, leave the front end stock.

Agreed.

I like the ones Southern Style Offroad makes - tight fitting and almost look stock, if Toyota made a steel off-road bumper. But I don't know if they make one for your generation 4R. Maybe while you're at it you could change the front face?! HAHA!
But, I agree with others, if you aren't planning to go into the real rough rocky stuff anymore, leave it stock - it's easier to get replacements if you do trash it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom