New to the forum. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, have spent some time here lurking in the past but figured I would sign up. Old man was a boat builder, learned to weld and work on stuff before I could reach the pedals, ended up getting a degree in motorsport engineering that I don't use.

06 4Runner V8 sport edition.

Picked it up recently as a rescue, it had the original timing belt on the 2UZ at 207k miles, which gives you an idea of how much maintenance it received. Fortunately it looks like oil changes were done regularly, and I'm nursing it back to health.

The bad news is frame rot, but the worst of it is in front of the suspension mounts and on the rear crash bar. I plan to cut out the rot and repair, add sliders, winch bumper, etc. anyway so it didn't put me off given the price I picked it up for.

No real modifications yet other than sway bar removal (mounts were rusted, plan to run a rear bar in the future). LT265/70/17 Cooper AT3s, part worn, picked them up in a hurry as it was on dry rotted HT tires that didn't hold air overnight.

Loving it so far, it's impressive how capable the A-TRAC system makes the truck given no lockers yet. Been a long time Toyota fan, have owned several Hiluxs before moving to the states. Can't wait to start doing the fun stuff like suspension instead of just catching up with overdue fluid changes, brakes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom