Lights, Lights, and more Lights! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got to try the lights out in total darkness. This pic is just the two adjustable side lights on the roof rack. The last pic is of the floor with the lights on. These pics were taken around 10pm. It was was like daylight close to 100ft away. I could hear the camper next to us go, holy s***!!! look at that! It was incredible.
sidelight.jpg

sidelight2.jpg

sidelight3.jpg

sidelight.jpg

sidelight2.jpg

sidelight3.jpg

How about a shot of the front bar turned on?

Will try this weekend

Looks good!! I like lots of light as well. 2 front light bars, 5 spots on the roof, 2 pods out the side and 2 more out the back. Also 21 rock lights (4 LED's each) around the chassis..
672ad15d-d8e2-42ee-b6f8-fb8d2005f08c_zps5d5bab65.jpg

I think you saw this pic as well.... I really like the rock lights for setting up camp. They throw a lot of ambient light down low and outward without being so obnoxious like the roof pods.

rocklights_zpsf5f41224.jpg

Looks good!! I like lots of light as well. 2 front light bars, 5 spots on the roof, 2 pods out the side and 2 more out the back. Also 21 rock lights (4 LED's each) around the chassis..

I think you saw this pic as well.... I really like the rock lights for setting up camp. They throw a lot of ambient light down low and outward without being so obnoxious like the roof pods.

Link to said rock lights?

Firstly, awesome truck!

Secondly, have you had any problems with the lights since you've had them? I'm looking at buying a light bar but not sure whether to trust the Chinese electrics as I bought 3 in cab engine gauges about 12 months ago and now only 1 works :(

Not sure if you are asking me or the previous poster but so far every single LED works and no water or any sign of humidity. All clear and all nice and bright so far. I still have a few in stock, just PM me the size and I can get you pricing.

If you were asking me..

No. No problems and all.. All of mine were advertised as Cree but who knows if that has any bearing..

This is front specs,
Technology: 24 x 3w high intensity CREE LED's
Weight: 6 Lbs 14.4 oz
Dimensions: 20.5" x 3.75" x 3.6"
Lumen Output: 8000lm
Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
Waterproof Rating: IP67
Color temperature: Pure White 6000K
Material: Die-cast Aluminum Alloy Housing
Life span: 30,000+ Hours

Specs for the rear bar,
Power: 120W
Lumen: 12000lm
Operating voltage: 10-30V DC
Waterproof rate: IP67
Combo Beam: Flood Beam(120 degree) / Pencil Beam(8 degree)
Material: Black Diecast aluminum housing, PC lens, Aluminum Bracket
Technology: 24 x 5w high intensity CREE LED's
Life span: 30000+ hours
Dimension: 39"x2.8"x2.3"
Color temperature: Pure White 6000K

CREE bulbs??????

Yes, they are CREE led's

Also threw in another battery. Not that the original battery would not handle the extra load, but just because. Which I believe is a great motto around this forum, "just because" ;p
Bought a $40 mount off ebay and threw in a Yellow Top.

This mount looks like a great option instead of relocating the washer bottle.
Can you provide a link to the mount?

I don't have the link anymore but it was a standard universal billet battery holder. Just fabbed up some mounts to fit properly. Its a perfect spot, no issues.

I am planning to add a roof rack and lights but I am concerned about using the small lights you have. I drive through very heavy brush at times. I hooked the top of my snorkel and complete tore it off the vehicle. I have replaced it with one I have turned backwards. How well do these little lights hold onto the roof rack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom