question about dash lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I have a FJ80 that came from Japan that has a non-working radio head unit. The main gauge cluster lights all work, the climate buttons all have illumination but things like the low beam, washer jet and center diff lock buttons don't light up. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be illuminated and are somehow connected to the circuit the stereo is on or they never had lights to begin with?

The radio should have a dedicated fuse in the fuse box for the switched power the dome light circuit should be supplying the constant power / memory for the radio.

the radio & buttons like the CDL have mini globes in them and should illuminate when park / headlights are on
try popping the CDL button out and reseating the globe to see it that works. otherwise the globes may be blown - they are temperamental little buggers

the radio & buttons like the CDL have mini globes in them and should illuminate when park / headlights are on
try popping the CDL button out and reseating the globe to see it that works. otherwise the globes may be blown - they are temperamental little buggers

OK Thanks. I kind of figured they should be lit. I'll check it out.

To answer the previous question, the dome lights still work so I'm guessing the radio might just be shot. I did check all of the fuses in the box and none were damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom