LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

God I hope so. Tesla takes it to the moronic extreme - shifter on the screen.
I dont know about all Tesla's but my wifes model 3 is definitely not on the screen. The only thing on the screen is a display to shw you what gear you are in.

I dont know about all Tesla's but my wifes model 3 is definitely not on the screen. The only thing on the screen is a display to shw you what gear you are in.
It is now on screen on the refreshed 2024 Model 3 which was just released. Also the turn signal stalk was deleted and replaced by stupid buttons on the steering wheel.

Tesla continues to make moronic decisions — falconwing doors, motorized door handles, center screen with no dash in front of the driver (or heads up display), replace all buttons with screen controls, steering wheel yoke on some Model S, etc.

Came across this today related to E-KDSS vs SDM. Here he talks specifically about KDSS, but touches on the others. He also says he will be doing a video focusing on SDM vs E-KDSS.

The interesting thing is the non KDSS 550 still has more flex than a KDSS 460. This is due to suspension engineering improvements outside of just KDSS. It will be interesting to see if those improvements carry over to the SDM equipped trucks (LC250).

A couple of things. The hybrid since I have a long commute. I like the 2400W inverter that comes with it as well because I like to do tech stuff in the field where a 3.5 amp inverter doesnt always cut it. The LC looks like it'll take less front chopping for a bumper. I also like that you can get every option possible for 2-4k less than most base OT. Significantly cheaper than an OT+. To get comparable features (heated and vented seat, memory seats, HUD, etc) I would have to spend 80k or more.

This is already more than I've ever spent for a car so I didn't want to just add 10k more, even though I prefer the styling of the Lexus. it's very easy to fall into the "Just a little bit more and I can get X" and before you know it you're at a top end LX600.

Finally, and most importantly, Toyota called me before my lexus dealer did :)
Coming back to address that base overtrail DOES have heated/vented seats. I was reading the brochure wrong. Here is the more correct list of what LC250 Premium has that overtrail does not.

2400 watt inverter and better mileage +
1000004688.jpg

Edit: Made a chart

1713899624338.png

Most of the tech stuff marked No on the Overtrail are options that can be added. I did the comparison at sticker price for all 4 trims. We also don't have real weight numbers yet for the LC250. I'll add weight and payload when those come out.

Last edited:
Manufacturer stats. Who knows if the Toyota ones are correct, but that's what they have listed.
Ah ok this is another case where they have different stats on different pages. On the specification page they list 8" clearance and 17 deg departure angle, on the press release they say 8.7" and 22 degree. Curiously both say 31 deg approach.

Ah ok this is another case where they have different stats on different pages. On the specification page they list 8" clearance and 17 deg departure angle, on the press release they say 8.7" and 22 degree. Curiously both say 31 deg approach.

I was rather surprised that the departure listed was lower than the GX. That seems unlikely given they have essentially the same dimensions. I wish toyota would clear up some of the stats.

Thanks! I think we've (TWILLY) had GX numbers. AFAIK we haven't seen production 250 numbers yet.

I appreciate seeing payload verified on the placard!

Now we need to see the 250 placard; there remains a ~350 lb payload (and curb weight) discrepancy between Toyota's website specs and earlier published tech specs. Production placards will reveal what's actually true.

Hot damn, I'm glad I went with Nori.

Looks like the black roof option?
Yes black roof! I requested the same spec but in OT+. I originally had black seats as my only preference but after seeing the Chateau in person I added it to the list as well. Salesman said I’m still probably a year out at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom