Koso slim water temp gauge install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is something I need to get done also .. been putting it off too long.
Nice write up

I like it!:clap: I just ordered one and found it on Amazon for $45.50 shipped! Now it will be nice to know the actual temp. Nice install! :cheers:

If you want to make this a thirty minute job you can get on eBay and order a 38mm upper waterway adapter from eBay , buddy club makes a nice one. It would be much easier than the old drill and tap

I just got my 38mm adapter from 38 MM or 1 1/2 Inch Water Sender Attachment

Ordered the Koso from Amazon.. I can't wait to finally see what my real temp is so I am not paranoid when driving 500 mile trips one way

Damn you! I just got my axle rebuild OFF the list and now you're making me put this ON!

:)

So this one goes on the radiator hose end? Wow no more tapping needed.

Yea just cut the upper rad hose in half and slip if on both ends and thread in sensor. From other threads the 38mm is a tighter more secure fit than a 40mm but that is just what I read from others experiences

timer00 said:
Yea just cut the upper rad hose in half and slip if on both ends and thread in sensor. From other threads the 38mm is a tighter more secure fit than a 40mm but that is just what I read from others experiences

Cool, this will be added when I do my PHH. Thanks.

Half K... nice install.

On a side note....Has anyone used the Block Drain Plug as a location for a Temp Sensor??? What thread pattern is that bung??

Cheers
Stu

Just put my Koso in with glow shift adapter...
Forgot teflon tape on sensor bung so had to drain coolant again.. All seems well now

image-1892056628.jpg
image-1892056628.jpg

Is the 38mm adaptor the right size for the 91 rad hoses or does the 3fe use a different size one? Bigger?

38mm is aproximately 1 1/2" , you could call your local parts store and have them tell you what size upper hose you take. Even if its a little big you can stretch the hose over it. Btw its not difficult to just tap the outlet pipe, takes about an hour tops.

Picked this one up from eBay for $13.00. Thinking it's worth a try. 38mm seems a wee bit smaller than the tube. 40mm may have been a little better.
image-3473761227.jpg
image-4036289460.jpg

The koso website says that it will flash when temps rise above 120. Since these are designed for motorcycles my question is does the gauge flash constantly since our temps are always above 120 when warmed up?

Never mind. Sent the op a pm. I looked right over the F gauge and was looking at the C gauge...d'oh. Just excited that I see a end of constantly watching the oem gauge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom