JIS Crosshead Screwdrivers Vs Phillips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does Toyota have the #1, #2 & #3 JIS Phillips head screw drivers like the Vessel 930/KIT-P123 set?

Updating for availability, these are the part numbers:
09041-1C110 Phillips Screwdriver 75 mm
09041-1C120 Phillips Screwdriver 100 mm
09041-1C130 Phillips Screwdriver 150 mm

Only the 100 mm (#2) is available via Amayama.

Part numbers from here:

Attachments

• 2013 Recommended_Tools_and_Checkers.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Yes , Vessel makes or made the drivers for Toyota , there are a few distributors like McMaster that buy their stock from the importer who is JDV sales , better known as www.vesseltools.com . JDV does not stock the Toyota labeled drivers pictured above , just fyi .

Posidrive is a whole different animal and was generally used on European vehicles . You'll know the difference by an odd looking cross head and four strikes on top of the head in the corners between the cross cuts . The specific drivers only fit those screws , using them on other types of Philips or JIS screws will destroy the drivers in short order .

For anyone using a modern battery powered impact driver such as Bosch/DeWalt ect see this page - http://www.vesseltools.com/industri....5mm-ball-detent/cross/view-all-products.html . These bits are awesome and hold up far better than any bit I've found on the market . If you call Larry Koenig at JDV/Vessel USA he will piece together small orders of mixed bit sizes - I ordered 5 each of the #2 & #3 JIS cross heads in around 2" lengths such as http://www.vesseltools.com/industri...5mm-ball-detent/cross/487205/flypage.tpl.html . #3 JIS cross head - http://www.vesseltools.com/industri...5mm-ball-detent/cross/487210/flypage.tpl.html .

I use those bits a lot on my Bosch 18v impact driver even with standard Philips screws - since they fit tighter they will not slip . Be warned , since a JIS fastener bit fits much tighter and is not designed to "cam out" like a Philips you will break fasteners easier . In the end , their tools are worth every penny , can't say enough good things about them .

Sarge

wish i knew this 44 years ago although i have never had a problem ,i wonder if the ones that came in the tool kits were ground for jap philips heads .the screw drivers always stripped and not the bolt forcing me to use regular ones .thanks for the info coolerman

Wow! this is an old thread. I still have the Hozan drivers and they are not worn one bit after 9 years use.
Having recently gotten a Dewalt 1/4" impact driver, I need to look into the Vessel Tools driver bits.

Sizes needed for a Cruiser are JIS #1/2/3 . I highly recommend the Vessel brand of impact bits - they seem indestructible .

Sarge

Thanks. A few of us in CLCC are putting in an order for the Vessel tools.

Talk to Larry at JDV products - www.vesseltools.com , discount code he set up for us is IH8MUD . The impact bits are sold in packs of 10 , sometimes he can set up smaller quantities if you ask nicely .
Sarge

Do you use an impact on the screws on your 40 or do you mean these are good just in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom