JDM Wheel Carrier - Help With Part Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah its pretty solid man!

Yeah here are some pics, its running a Chev 308 from a Holden Commodore
Wheel Carrier-1832 by Shane, on Flickr
Wheel Carrier-1850 by Shane, on Flickr

Sorry for the 7* series intrusion on an 8* series thread...this needs a thread in the 7* series section.

Is the rear window and metal all custom or cut out of a truck and grafted into place?

Thanks
gb

Sorry for the 7* series intrusion on an 8* series thread...this needs a thread in the 7* series section.

Is the rear window and metal all custom or cut out of a truck and grafted into place?

Thanks
gb

And there you go, didnt even know @Alex gee had a thread on here lol!

The new FJ 73 Build

Just an update, I installed the offset number plate yesterday. Pretty simple install. The plug for the numbe rplates lights are the same, but I also had to relocate my Reverse Camera.
Before:
20171021_142347 by Shane, on Flickr
20171021_142353 by Shane, on Flickr
This badge has to go
20171021_142533 by Shane, on Flickr
That glue is a PIA
20171022_112739 by Shane, on Flickr
Tailgate Trim comes off and the left and middle access point covers removed
20171022_112746 by Shane, on Flickr
Put the camera to the left of the unit
20171022_124711 by Shane, on Flickr
Cabling for the Lights and camera
20171022_124711 by Shane, on Flickr
Done!
20171022_130748 by Shane, on Flickr
Reverse Camera position was perfect and it was just a guess too!!
20171022_130935 by Shane, on Flickr

Hey does the license relocation have lighting? Possible ticket for that here in Texas.

I bought one from a murder and wanted to be sure...

Just FYI the stock tailgate on the 80 series that comes with the swing out has extra welds Inside that make it stronger to support the latch fully. I tried to install a tailgate storage compartment this is how I found out

Just FYI the stock tailgate on the 80 series that comes with the swing out has extra welds Inside that make it stronger to support the latch fully. I tried to install a tailgate storage compartment this is how I found out
Is it possible to take some pics and post them on here? That would be helpful!

I've heard this before as well, but pics would really help know what is in there. Would you say the rear-tire-carrier tailgate is not worth it for the tailgate storage, or is there still some decent room in there? I know the profile is a lot shallower where the latch is attached as well compared to the regular tailgate, but not really sure how much room is still available.

For any Mud member in the USA, that wants one of these, you can buy the complete set up from CRUISERPARTS.COM.

larger image
Spare Tire Carrier Body Mounted Style
$799.00

Non USA Rare style spare tire carrier.
Mounts to corner of body. Includes latches, hinges and needed parts.
Requires professional installation.

• Shipping Weight: 75lbs
  • Manufactured by: *CruiserParts*
Could you please post the link of the exact item location? Having difficulties of finding it. Thanks.

Could you please post the link of the exact item location? Having difficulties of finding it. Thanks.
That factory tire carrier was never installed on any Land Cruisers delivered new to the U.S. market.

Since the last 80 series was produced in 2008 under lic. in Venezuela.

Which was the only country still producing the vehicles after production ended in Japan in 1997.

Once the production line stops, soon afterwords suppliers stop receiving orders to make replacement parts.

So once existing inventory in Toyota's spare parts supply chain is exhausted, that part will become NLA.

Since i wrote that post almost 4 years ago, I'm thinking that if you can't locate it on that web site, that part may now be NLA from Toyota as a new part.

Seeing as you live in Australia, and that was a market where that style tire carrier was delivered, I'd look for a used one in a local wrecking yard.

Last edited:
That factory tire carrier was never installed on any Land Cruisers delivered new to the U.S. market.

Since the last 80 series was produced in 2008 under lic. in Venezuela.

Which was the only country still producing the vehicles after production ended in Japan in 1997.

Once the production line stops, soon afterwords suppliers stop receiving orders to make replacement parts.

So once existing inventory in Toyota's spare parts supply chain is exhausted, that part will become NLA.

Since i wrote that post almost 4 years ago, I'm thinking that if you can't locate it on that web site, that part may now be NLA from Toyota as a new part.

Seeing as you live in Australia, and that was a market where that style tire was delivered, I'd look for a used one in a local wrecking yard.
Thank you so much for your support. Highly appreciate!

Do you think you could hang a 37” tire from the OEM carrier setup?
The biggest I've seen is 35" but with some extra reinforcement, I don't see why not. The visibility, or lack thereof, though....

The biggest I've seen is 35" but with some extra reinforcement, I don't see why not. The visibility, or lack thereof, though....
I resigned to aftermarket options. They're beefier anyway.

I fabricate the required brackets to mount the OEM swingout
3rd pic is lower
5th is upper

620096E7-DF9D-4074-800C-07EC21B1C821.jpeg

8CB6ADEF-8B94-45A2-B7EF-5192CE121CB6.jpeg

B8158071-EB3A-4132-AA70-F45DDF11326F.jpeg

8910A344-A761-4600-B582-D0CD3B82E303.jpeg

DDAEB9E5-D727-4882-814C-8F9F46CB43C5.jpeg

Nice work!!!
I’m currently working on V3, trying to improve to sell.

New ones are carbon fibre and a titanium backing plate for the nutserts

733F149F-9A8C-4335-ABBA-BFA6C3C8A9F2.jpeg

DB49DDF7-D577-4C14-98B3-B88625D96C9A.jpeg

12A962E6-A508-4001-B5DB-9EAEE1E79794.jpeg

47992B1E-92E5-4516-AF5A-CA5552C05BED.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom