Interesting water crossing video....braver than I would be with my 40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads

I’ve seen this! It’s a great video!! My kind of adventure. I’d love to get mine up to snuff enough to be this rugged again!!

I kind of like those vintage looking tires.

Seen this before. Quite a trip.

I have never gotten more than to the running boards with my Land Cruiser.

My dad had an old power wagon that sat pretty high.

In 1968 southern California had some heavy rain causing a lot of flooding.

My wife and I was dating then when I was in the navy.

I came to Riverside on weekends get her and head out for a couple days.

The week of the flooding where she lived was surrounded by water.

I took dad's wagon that had about 18 inches or better of clearance and tried to get to her from different directions.

On several attempts I got up to mid door before I would chicken out and back up.

Never got to see her that weekend so just talked on the phone for hours.

Did make sixty bucks though pulling out a couple of dummies that followed me into the water in their family sedans.

The guys in the video are far more intrepid souls than I ever was or plan on being.

Have you seen @Mark W avatar?

In the early days of Rubithon part of the trail consisted of driving through a corner of Buck Island reservoir. On a particularly wet year I had caulked my tranny bump and all the firewall holes on the 40 before the event, and then duct taped the doors shut when we got to Buck Island.

In we went...and in came the water. FFFFFAWK! I forgot about the kick vents!

Had about 8” of water inside the truck by the time we got out the other side!

I was sorely tempted to drive faster once the water started pouring in, but with a direct drive fan, I knew better.

Have you seen @Mark W avatar?

In the early days of Rubithon part of the trail consisted of driving through a corner of Buck Island reservoir. On a particularly wet year I had caulked my tranny bump and all the firewall holes on the 40 before the event, and then duct taped the doors shut when we got to Buck Island.

In we went...and in came the water. FFFFFAWK! I forgot about the kick vents!

Had about 8” of water inside the truck by the time we got out the other side!

I was sorely tempted to drive faster once the water started pouring in, but with a direct drive fan, I knew better.

Sounds like you've had some great adventures. Ever thought about doing some write-ups about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom