im BACK after 6 1/2 years being away :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just brought home my 72 fj40 today!. havent gotten into it yet but it seems quite solid. has a 327/muncie 4speed(not sure yet if its an M20, 21 or an M22 rock crusher!) needs a bit of help with the carb/fuel system to get it running well. attached a few pics :)
DSC00580.jpg
DSC00581.jpg
DSC00582.jpg

lol even the wife said..is that a chevy emblem? soon as the rains stop(mid august) ill get to cleaning it up and removing stuff,bowtie included :)

Step 2 flip the bezel and enjoy your ride.

Smart woman she is. She can recognise a Chevy motor doesn't belong in a Toyota.

Have you ever compared a 250 straight 6 to an F or 2F... :doh:

:cheers:

"Locked away" or just "away"?

Rear flares are "big-time YUCKIE" but then they're easily disposed-of/fixed.

Wish we shared your climate where surface-rust doesn't rapidly progress into full-blown cancer!

Looks like a really solid platform to achieve your dreams.

:beer:

I like the custom spotting paint :hillbilly:

and how convenient that your bezel adopted the matching color ;p

:cheers:

I'm amazed that even though 90% of threads here start with "flip your bezel" that some people don't take the 10 minutes it takes to fix it before posting pictures...

But then again, some of these same people are willing to put a chevy emblem on a Toyota... there's just no helping some folks!

Welcome back.

I'm amazed that even though 90% of threads here start with "flip your bezel" thatBut then again, some of these same people are willing to put a chevy emblem on a Toyota... there's just no helping some folks!

you mean it's better to put the Toyota bezel on the Chevy ? :hillbilly:
bezel on Blazer.jpg

Welcome back! Saw that on CL in Spfld. Did you fix the loss of spark issue? Looks like a good start. Good luck!

get it running..lol and not sure of spark atm. might be too much voltage to the coil and burnt out points or not enough with a resistance wire and a resistance coil. have to do some checking on both ends. and also a recent cleaned out fuel tank and some craptastic electric pump may also be the cause. lol hard to say since alot of it was done all at once. and yea, this is the springfield one. there is some standard rust but not at all that bad compared to what ive seen :)a

also added a couple of engine bay
fj40e.jpg
fj40f.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, but I disagree...

Step 1) YOUR BEZEL IS UPSIDE DOWN, fix it.

LOL

Welcome back
Is there a gremlin that runs around at night removing bezels, spraying them black, then re-affixing them upside down? Or was this a fad at some point like the white-out- -your-truck-grille-and-bumper thing in the late 80's?:hmm: Mine wasn't flipped.... so there goes that therory!
DSCN1434.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom