I'm at my absolute wits end- truck still overheating despite best efforts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:lol:

C'mon, this is Joey we are taking about.

That said, he is now enjoying time away from the LC in Napa...

Give the man a break.

:)

Well clearly theres nothing wrong with the coolong system if youve done all that work.

So, was it ever dyno tuned when the sc was fitted?
Either way, I'd be putting it on the dyno and checking the overall tune. A bad or non existant tune can easily cause overheating issues. You will need someone who knows their s***. Not just some wannabe grease monkey with a dyno. Theres dyno operators and there's real dyno operators.

What about the oil cooler?

What about the reciprocating Johnson Valve. I think you have replaced damn near everything on this rig. I think back on the first few pages someone said you replaced too much to figure out where you problem is. I read someone said take it to the dealer. I am going to give you one step better than the dealer. You need to bring it to AZ and let the Kevin look at it. on the forum he is Tools R Us. He will find the problem he is a genius.

I wanna look at the spacer to see if it can be trimmed down. Maybe it can't but I need to look at it.

The spacer is there to position the water pump pulley in the right plain to match the extra pulley on the crank to run the SC. If you change that, the belt will not align properly.

The spacer is there to position the water pump pulley in the right plain to match the extra pulley on the crank to run the SC. If you change that, the belt will not align properly.

No, the spacer goes on after the pulleys and simply moves the fan out a little bit.

No, the spacer goes on after the pulleys and simply moves the fan out a little bit.

What about the reciprocating Johnson Valve. I think you have replaced damn near everything on this rig. I think back on the first few pages someone said you replaced too much to figure out where you problem is. I read someone said take it to the dealer. I am going to give you one step better than the dealer. You need to bring it to AZ and let the Kevin look at it. on the forum he is Tools R Us. He will find the problem he is a genius.
Yup I said it first reply post. That being said alot of mud members had great ideas.

Damn. Guess not :(

As Darkness stated - the spacer does **NOT** change the pulley/belt alignment. It is ONLY to move the fan blade to make clearance for S/C related stuff.

Please read the manual -> http://www.george4wd.taskled.com/scharger/scinstall.pdf even has pictures for the visually challenged :)

cheers,
george.

If you read pages 2 and 6 and 9 you would see I'm in Napa and won't be back til Tues

Hope your interview goes well.

When you get back and I'm on the computer I can upload a pic to show fan/shroud relationship on my SC'd LX.
Running OEM radiator, OEM thermostat, OEM waterpump, belts, hoses, ringed fan.
No scangauge but temp gauge needle never rises higher than one tick below half way. (knock on wood).
Gosh darn, yes, it sure is a tight fit in there.

Last edited:
If you read pages 2 and 6 and 9 you would see I'm in Napa and won't be back til Tues

I've never spent more than half an hour in a NAPA. Buy your freaking thermostat already!

:flipoff2:

If NAPA and the thermostat fix this, that'd be a great relief. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom