I so want this table and stove combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The reason you see so much of this available in Japan is because Yakiniku, Korean style Barbeque, is extremely popular. That style of restaurant is around every corner, and Japanese camp style cooking tends to mimic this.
I was wondering if it was something like that. I've seen lots of photos of the restaurants from friend's trips to Japan.

If you notice the camping cooking gear here in the US, mimics the household gear of the 50s and 60s. Some of the gear also holds to idealized views of what the old west cooking was like.

I personally grab the pots, pans, and utensils I use daily in the kitchen and take them when car camping.

I can make you a lantern any color you want with any color globe you want for $338.00. How many ya need? :grinpimp:

There is another place to get custom globes on the Coleman Collector Forum. There is a guy there that etches globes with pretty much any pattern you want. He is currently making Halloween globes that are cool.
Image2.jpg

What's he charge for that Globe?

those halloween globes are sweet! I would use one of those all year long.

I'm grabbing one. Gonna fix up my 200 for Halloween :)

I was wondering if it was something like that. I've seen lots of photos of the restaurants from friend's trips to Japan.

If you notice the camping cooking gear here in the US, mimics the household gear of the 50s and 60s. Some of the gear also holds to idealized views of what the old west cooking was like.

I personally grab the pots, pans, and utensils I use daily in the kitchen and take them when car camping.
I get a kick out of the blue porcelain camp cooking gear, absolutely the worst choice I can imagine for camp utensils. They chip rust and are practically worthless in no time. Probably only popular because nearly every western ever made shows cowboys drinking coffee out of blue porcelain cups from a blue porcelain coffee pot hung over the open flame of a campfire.

Got mine already :)
20121021_173840.jpg

Beat me to it Mace! Mine should be here this week. I got the same globe and also ordered a Christmas globe. Going to hang these out on the porch for Halloween and Christmas parties.

What year is your 200A lantern? The pic makes it look like what is known as a "burgundy" lantern. Coleman painted some lanterns in the early 60's with a burgundy paint instead of red. These are highly sought after lanterns as they can be hard to find. I happen to own an April 1962 that I acquired from my wife's cousins husband. Had been sitting in a garage cabinet since the late 60's. Belonged to his dad. It's a bit rough but cleaned up well. Here is a pic of it before cleaning next to my 71 red 200A (also not cleaned!).
IMG_3799W.jpg

Cool! Mines a 62 as well. I assumed that it was darkened by use over the years. Not that it was a Burgundy one.

Nope, you have a true burgundy lantern! Hang on to it. You won't retire from it's value but they are a bit rare.

If you get on E-Bay to look at lanterns you may occasionally see the "Gold Bond" lanterns fetching big bucks. (> $500.00) These are the ones that are a mustard yellow in color and could only be obtained from the Gold Bond Trading Stamp company (think S&H Green stamps) There was also a stove in that same color. These are a bit more rare but there are some very shady people out there that are "creating" these rare lanterns by painting a normal red 200A using computer matched paints.:mad:

The true crooks don't say they are re-creations. The slightly less crooked will put just the slightest clue that it's not an OEM Gold Bond hoping that some overseas buyer will think it's genuine and pay top dollar for it. True collectors will read the ad carefully and ask point blank if it's original. Buyer beware when it comes to Coleman lanterns...;)

Just looked, mines a 4/62 as well :)

At least you took your time to make the decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom