Help with VIN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody, i was just looking through and couldn't find anything to help me decode this vin. is there a problem because i found an FJ40 vin decoder but it's not built the same as the one i have. any help on this would be great. It's a 74 as far as i know. My dad bought it after it had been restored and then let it sit so now it's mine and i'm going to redo the body off since it really shouldn't need much but....me being me...i want to just go through everything and clean up some things, check others and tweak and care for other things....here's the vin..

FJ40171921

and thanks again for any help.

hmmm, i'm actually in texas and away from it right now. The PO did a SBC with turbo350 tranny swap. Also it has a custom bumper with integrated lights so the lights are no longer in the tub and the rear hatch is a one piece solid custom lift-gate. it does have the roll bar but other than that i don't know the little changes to look for. I still have to do a magnet test on the body to see how much bondo is on there but i have build pics so i know that there wasn't any rust in the pics. i really just want to match original paint. right now it's green but i'm between green and tan. i really like em both but i know it's weird since there are so many non-original parts (also has all wheel disk from an el camino and saginaw steering) but i just don't know enough about all the mods that were done. the headers are ran through the frame and it has an MSD ignition and a warn 8274 so i know they put some effort into the truck. I'll find out more as i'm tearing down but i was just looking to see if i could find the original color so i could set my mind at ease with a decision. if it's not originally not tan, i'm going to stay green. if it's any other color then i'm staying green. I just don't see as many green as i do tan, blue and red. Thanks

All that vin tells you is that it was built in April 74'

What does the door tag say as well as the fender tag... Both give you limited info however
Look on the frame-right side I think, just behind the bumper--ID number is there--then check the FAQ--Cruiser registry-should be able to get close--

This VIN is smarter than me. Could I get some help with determining production date based upon the VIN

VIN - 4FJ4021543

It is from a 1964 FJ40

Thanks

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom