GSMTR 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
Nope! I was the only one who made it down without issue for some reason. I ended up as the other side of the winch cable this time...

Last edited:
Cell coverage is weak out here... Plenty of bars, no bandwidth! I'll keep trying.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1431009605.698562.jpg

What a sec is that Dominick's 80 or did he just not get there yet?

Dominic started out in his 40, turned around and got the 80.

So we tried to put some dents in it today for him...

So THAT's why it was outside his place in the morning then gone in the evening 6 hours after he "left".... I guessed his kids were cruising around...

What happened that made the adventure seeking member ditch a perfectly awesome 40 for some comfortable luxo-liner? Just jealous I'm not there, but still C'MON!

Maybe he just likes wheeling without lockers :flipoff2:

Nah. And the story gets better!

So the 40 apparently wasn't playing nice with its tempature so Dominic didn't want to chance it.

But today we "broke" his viscous coupler in the TC (more like it just decided today was a good day to die). So sometime tomorrow we'll pull the front shaft out and make sure it gets home ok.

I guess it's time for the annual carnage calc.

Jeff: wheel stud
Al/Deo: a perfectly good third member that wanted an inspection in the driveway of the cabin
Dominic: a VC, maybe birfields?
Ray: valve stem

Not bad overall. Then again if I had gone out with Rocky and Steve and Ted on a night run tonight, that would have probably been a different tally...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the 40, safe travels to everyone heading home.

image.jpg

At the waterfall off of trail 16. Dominic missing from the picture since he was taking it.

On our way back now ... It just wouldn't be GSMTR without a blowout. In Ocala.

So we just got back on the road after another highway side tire change.

I've got a number of pics and videos I'll post soon. I hope everyone else made it back safe and sound.

gsmtr 2015, great trails, great people and some carnage i found under my 80 while washing off the clay. smashed exhust, back end of muffler split open, front steering arm bent ( that rock ledge carter pulled me over was expensive). Viscus cupler decided to let me know it was retiring while on the trail. so now i get to learn how to do a part time front wheel drive conversion & how to work on my transfer case. i got lots of gifts on that trail thursday.

oh yeh one more thing friday Jeff earned the whisky pedal award, when in doubt push the pedal to the floor.... the man drives his rig like he stole it and looked like he had a blast doing it.. id wheel with him any time.. i mean id watch him wheel his rig anytime.

Dom - what bent? Your tie rod? (That's the one on the bottom, most common). Or the relay arm (the one that goes from the steering box over to the passenger side axle).

yeh the one on top is bent up causing my wheels to toe in slightly. ant feed back on bending it back vs getting a replacement? also Burnie thinks the clicking noise when i turn is from crunching the ball bearings and i need to replace both Cv joints up front...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom