Garrett turbo Q (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyway, seems like alot for sale in local ads, also alot of the eagle talon. First gen of Mitsubishi eclipse.

Buy a turboglide setup don't waste you're time and money on guessing. After following these threads I now see that know one really knows there just guessing. I don't know SH#$ about turbos so i'll go the turboglide way maybe we should try to get a group buy going and purchase a few.

I'm using a GT25 from gcg.com.au . Initially they're pricey but they have the best backup in the country in terms of warranty/parts/questions. My 1HZ boosts it around 1400rpm and it full boost LONG before 2000 which is what I wanted. I could goto a GT28 (turboglide/axt kits use these) but boost moves from approx 2000 with full at about 2500. I never rev past 3 (rarely if ever) so a bigger turbo is useless for me.

Buy a turboglide setup don't waste you're time and money on guessing. After following these threads I now see that know one really knows there just guessing. I don't know SH#$ about turbos so i'll go the turboglide way maybe we should try to get a group buy going and purchase a few.

I'd go with a kit, the problem is the price difference, from what i understand i can get a manifold turbo and everything to set it up, and still have money to spare to buy 2-3 other turbos...i'm think i can get away with 1500$, versus a kit near 4000$. I have no idea why they are so expensive...

The T3/T4's are far too big.
The T25R (r = ball bearing) is a great turbo if you can get it with the 0.48 A/R Exhaust housing. Some may come with a 0.64 which is a shade too big.

Those KKK's are similar size to a T3, but come in too many different configurations to know easily which one will suit.

Ok now, how can i know the A/R of the turbo? is it on the housing?

I have one .. of those :D and have a turbo map for these one and had all info that you can need.

Explain what i do with a map when i have the turbo, its not like they are ajustable?

Ok now, how can i know the A/R of the turbo? is it on the housing?

Garrett cast the A/R number into the housing. It's typically on the exhaust scroll where it meets the mounting flange.

T25R is not a ball bearing turbo at all. It's a 25 that spins the impeller anticlockwise as opposed to clockwise. The R stands for "Reverse"

The letters your'e looking for are "GT" instead of "T" on a garret turbo. the G signifying the ball bearing cartridge over the thrust bearing design.

I would love to save some $ I just don't have much extra time to run around and find everything I need. I checked with turboglide and they'll ship the GT25 setup to me for 2650.00 Aus.dollar to my door in CT.

Explain what i do with a map when i have the turbo, its not like they are ajustable?

Nap .. the turbo map means nothing more than underestand the behivor of the turbo under direrent PR vs Air flow .. it's only to know if it's well fitted to your engine and what it's capable to do ..

theire are 2 options ( that are more popular ) of the K26 the K26.6 that have a .36 AR and the K26.8 ( less common ) that have a .42 AR ..

Both are capable to make more than 25 PSI and displace more than 550 cfm, keeping the eficience over 72% that it's pretty good. .. so boost or air flow are not the problem.

The have the surge line over 155,000 rpm .. also it don't be a problem in your aplication.

I would love to save some $ I just don't have much extra time to run around and find everything I need. I checked with turboglide and they'll ship the GT25 setup to me for 2650.00 Aus.dollar to my door in CT.

Really? the price on there web site is something like 3600 for a 3B

That price is if they do the install and dyno. If you e-mail them they'll price it for u. Mabe we should try to get a group discount if others are interested.
That

price

That price is if they do the install and dyno. If you e-mail them they'll price it for u. Mabe we should try to get a group discount if others are interested.
That​

price

I'll check with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom