Fuel issue maybe. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still drilling out the little bolts. Pretty tedious. There is a little gap between the end of the bolt and the tank wall, which should help.

No, it's all part of the tank. Kind of a dumb design. It's a flange, perhaps you can just drill them out and put a new nut under the flange. #8 stainless screws and nuts?
Maybe I didn't read this that closely before. Drill through the flange and into the tank? What would hold the nuts in place while the fuel pump is positioned and torqued?

I will check Amazon and Napa. Drilling is not working too well. Little threads are getting damaged too much to torque the little tiny bolts.

Last edited:
Currently still trying to drill and tap the flange holes. Switching to a slightly bigger bolt. 6 x 1 metric threads. Might work. Might not.

Finished drilling, tapping etc. Reinstalled with new Toyota fuel pump. Started and runs fine, but fuel spraying everywhere from the fuel pump inlet area. I think the brazed on high pressure line has failed or cracked. Back to almost square one. I'm pretty sure the couplers on that line will be almost impossible to remove as well.

As predicted, the couplers do not come off. They can tear off or be cut off. Maybe the fuel line itself can be re-flared? Or I replace or bypass the whole line. Anybody have any experience with this, let me know.

Back running. New fuel pump, pump bracket, and flex hose to hard line. Had to tap 6 of 7 of the little tank bolts, but it seems to hold. Good idle, and went around the block just fine. More tweaking should improve things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom