FSM for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @linuxgod! Because Google Cloud is my business and I used to be technical, I've spun up an Ubuntu VM in GCP and got Apache up and running. 20 years ago I was an MCSE on both NT and 2000, but haven't been hands-on with anything in about 15 years. No real Linux experience aside from running Pi-Hole at home and no Apache experience at all. I'm going to get this up and running if it kills me. Do your best to avoid me at LCDC unless you want to answer my dumb linux noob questions. :)

Thanks @linuxgod! Because Google Cloud is my business and I used to be technical, I've spun up an Ubuntu VM in GCP and got Apache up and running. 20 years ago I was an MCSE on both NT and 2000, but haven't been hands-on with anything in about 15 years. No real Linux experience aside from running Pi-Hole at home and no Apache experience at all. I'm going to get this up and running if it kills me. Do your best to avoid me at LCDC unless you want to answer my dumb linux noob questions. :)
Heh no problem, Matt, if you need any help just shout. Happy to send you my Apache configs, just hit me on a PM or via my gmail address (which is the same as my forum name).

Thanks for the Mac beta.
I was able to replicate all this except the actual .iso location.
Mac GUI doesn't want me to place the file in the root like that - do I need to create a separate partition? Also the 'mount' - is that of the partition, or of the .iso file? I have the path in Abyss pointing at the file, but when I go to 127.0.0.1:80 All I see is the .iso file, not the contents of index.html. Clicking on the file results in a 'download' prompt . . .

So close. but so far . . .

Edit fixed . . . <
ah, right click on the .iso and 'open with' 'disk image mounter'. Then set the Abyss path to the newly mounted disk (which will show at the volume level)
The navigate a new browser window to 127.0.0.1:80 (or whatever you set your port to.)

>
Thank you for all the input. I was having the same issue where it was prompting me to download the fila. Then I did the disk mount and changed the routing to the newly created directory. Now when I type in the 127.0.0.1 I get an aotomatic download of some small file "download". Did you have to change any of the other mapping?

Thank you for all the input. I was having the same issue where it was prompting me to download the fila. Then I did the disk mount and changed the routing to the newly created directory. Now when I type in the 127.0.0.1 I get an aotomatic download of some small file "download". Did you have to change any of the other mapping?
So I've got my ISO on a hard disk at Macintosh HD / Users / LX ISO / FSM.ISO
I navigate there, right click, and open with disk image mounter.
The drive then shows up on my desktop (where a mounted drive typically shows up)

Then (one time only) you have to configure the Abyss path to your mounted disk
Abyss -> Hosts -> Configure -> General -> Document Path (then browse to your mounted disk)

Then I start the abyss web server (search abyss, press enter)
Then I open chrome to 127.0.0.1

I don't get any automatic downloads. . . . though before I had it all working it did kind of loop like that and maybe I was getting a small .html download don't recall

Make sure you followed the step to map JSP files to text/html, otherwise they will download instead of executing on the server side

So I’m a total tech idiot. How do I download this and get it to work?

Tia!

There should be a YouTube video for us with weak fu in linux

How do you set up a local web server so you can view the manual? I need to download and install that transmission program in order to download the FSM to begin with?

How do you set up a local web server so you can view the manual? I need to download and install that transmission program in order to download the FSM to begin with?
Yes, you need Transmission to download the large .iso that has all the FSM data. Then Abyss is the freeware web server.

This post explains how to set up Abyss Webserver

That link is also part of the download/setup instructions at:

FSM for 200 series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fsm-for-200-series.765372/page-6#post-14229850.

This is incredible. Thanks @linuxgod for all the work here. Installation link above is solid - I use a Mac and had no issues with setup. Be sure to use Chrome as your browser.

I set this up but also bought a hard copy FSM from eBay. I'm old school, prefer paper manuals....

Couple hundred shipped

Just chiming in, @linuxgod's scripts still appear to work well for downloading the FSM from TIS... I have a Tundra so the 200 series manuals didn't get me what I needed, but a quick TIS sub and now I'm waiting (and waiting) for the download to complete :)
Once this download finishes, maybe I'll see if I can get it to fetch the calibration/firmware files for all the modules for techstream...

Just chiming in, @linuxgod's scripts still appear to work well for downloading the FSM from TIS... I have a Tundra so the 200 series manuals didn't get me what I needed, but a quick TIS sub and now I'm waiting (and waiting) for the download to complete :)
Once this download finishes, maybe I'll see if I can get it to fetch the calibration/firmware files for all the modules for techstream...
Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom