Fox IFP Shocks for the 80, Available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Didn't want to clutter up the Icon shock thread but my interest has been peaked regarding drop in mid-level shocks. I was searching Fox's website and found that they do now list the 80 series in their fitment chart. Options are available for 1-2.5" lifts and 3-4" lifts and Downsouth has them listed on Ebay. Here is a link to the front's :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-Perform...0-Series-/390808478349?_trksid=p2054897.l5658

Pretty sweet, I might give these a shot this summer as my OME's are getting old and the price is reasonable. Anyone running them?

Intriguing... The price is for 1 shock, correct?

Intriguing... The price is for 1 shock, correct?

Does say in the Ebay listing (towards the bottom):

"Shocks are listed in PAIRS, single shocks are available."

cheers,
george.

The price is per pair, which is why I was excited.

Very cool! Had those been available when I got my 2.0 remote resi's I would have gone for those in a second, just for the ease of mounting them up. I don't see a schrader valve in the pic but imagine they are still fully rebuild able and valve-able, and for 120 bucks, thats not bad at all.

My only advice on the rebound is go low compression, high rebound and tweak from there.

I've driven these on a JK wrangler not a bad setup for the price.

Very cool! Had those been available when I got my 2.0 remote resi's I would have gone for those in a second, just for the ease of mounting them up. I don't see a schrader valve in the pic but imagine they are still fully rebuild able and valve-able, and for 120 bucks, thats not bad at all.

My only advice on the rebound is go low compression, high rebound and tweak from there.
They appear to be a sealed, non adjustable, non rebuild-able unit. Please correct me if I'm worng(which I hope I am!).

They appear to be a sealed, non adjustable, non rebuild-able unit. Please correct me if I'm worng(which I hope I am!).

If the valving is correct, rebuilding/revalving them is not really needed IMHO. It'd be nice to get some long term feedback from the person who installs them on their 80.

If the valving is correct, rebuilding/revalving them is not really needed IMHO. It'd be nice to get some long term feedback from the person who installs them on their 80.
True, if the valving is solid you don't really need the adjustability, I do however like the option to rebuild a shock instead of buying again. Haven't had to rebuild my fox stuff yet though :)

I tried to call fox but was on hold. If you look at the exploded parts view, it seems there is some sort of air valve in the IFP that would allow for recharging the shock and by extension, rebuilding or revalving. Just a guess, hard to tell from the diagram. Maybe something where you put the IFP in, open the valve, push it all the way in to evacuate the air, then charge with low pressure nitrogen until the IFP almost comes out the top, then install the rest of the piston, etc. I dunno :) My guess is they are rebuildable, which is awesome at that price point. And bolt-in saves time for work on other mods!

http://www.ridefox.com/dl/truck/FOX_TRUCK_2.0PSIFP_Exploded_A.pdf

On a related note, I see they offer a rock sheild for the 2.0IFP performance model, which would be really nice for the rear 2 shocks. Mine got really beat up on one short trip where I didn't have the shocks boots on. http://www.ridefox.com/accessories.php?m=truck

Interesting advice on the valving. I have a completely different arrangement with all .010 shims in rebound and much more compression(.010/.015) w a small thick shim near the top to allow small bumps to be absorbed but big whoops to remain in check.

I just sent them an email for compressed/extended lengths for F/R of both lengths they have. I MUST know if they are a better fit than what is already sold on the market by all the other guys(which are too short!).

Interesting advice on the valving. I have a completely different arrangement with all .010 shims in rebound and much more compression(.010/.015) w a small thick shim near the top to allow small bumps to be absorbed but big whoops to remain in check.
This is the problem I have w/all shocks I've tried: if they handle the small bumps well they don't handle large bumps well & if they handle large bumps well then the small bumps are too 'quick' for the shock. I need something that's the most opportune length, handles small & large bumps equally good & doesn't cost what res. shocks cost. Hopefully this is it!!!!

The lengths are listed in the description in the ebay ad

Travel: 10.10"
Ext.Length:24.85"
Col.Length:14.75"
Shock shaft size: .620"
What about the rears? What about the front/rears for the 3-5" lift?

It takes a lot to tame a top heavy pig on squishy coil springs. No $160 shock is gonna make anyone happy unless the vehicle is only used to run errands

Theres so many issues with a lifted 4/6" 80 suspension. Shocks are obviously a huge part of the equation, but oversteer due to the raised chassis and not raised(axle end) panhard bars are probably where a lot of street manner complaints come from.

That has nothing to do w your bump issue, but a lot of guys seem to be chasing ghosts on these trucks once the lift coils fawk up the drive to the grocery store

This is the problem I have w/all shocks I've tried: if they handle the small bumps well they don't handle large bumps well & if they handle large bumps well then the small bumps are too 'quick' for the shock. I need something that's the most opportune length, handles small & large bumps equally good & doesn't cost what res. shocks cost. Hopefully this is it!!!!

I wonder how these would compare to OMEs or 5100s? I called and found out that these can be sent back to FOX and adjusted/rebuilt. They aren't sel serviceable, FOX must do it.

I am a fan of king shocks personally...I have 3.0 quad bypasses on my Cummins ram...I plan to have a set of 2.5's custom valved by Don Thuren for my 80 oncexi get further into my build.

Really want to hear if anyone has run these - I'm very close to pulling the trigger either on these or some OMEs,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom