fj60 wrecked today on the interstate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

g-man

SILVER Star
Threads

A young woman in a Nissan Exterra spun out in front of me in the interstate today. She said her ignition cut off on her. I tried to pass on the left and got about 1/2 out of the passing lane but she still managed to spin into me. Fortunately no-one was hurt. I will prob be shopping for some passenger side doors soon. Anyone in VA parting out...let me know.

Yikes, sorry! Looks like it was a clean cruiser too. Happy no one was hurt - and that's all repairable/replaceable.

Wow. Glad to hear you're safe, that looks like it could have gotten ugly(er). Couple of doors, some welding, she'll be good as new. What cut her like a can opener?

did it bugger the B pillar?

insurance company is not going to be easy to deal with, they will come in with a low offer and say it is totaled.

glad you are OK

psyched for lack of animal tissue harmed. Fingers crossed and positive vibes being sent for repair, etc. of metal/plastic bits involved.

psyched for lack of animal tissue harmed. Fingers crossed and positive vibes being sent for repair, etc. of metal/plastic bits involved.
Thanks.. Hopefully it won't get totalled. But restored to pre accident condition. Wish I had a go pro on the dash...I would be uploading some wild nascar looking stuff as she was doing 360's in the road covering 2 lanes and in the shoulder ...I'm amazed she didn't roll it!!

pillar should come out and a good one back in without too much adoo...as long as it didn't tweek the upper and lower rail when it was torqued...just find a red one, drill out spots and replace...it's only steel.

lucky! lucky lucky :cheers:

cut the 60 open like a can of sardines.....bet that sounded horrible(if you can even remember the sound)

I hate these threads..........:(

Sorry about your 60! Thankfully you were not hurt. I am curious about the Xterra and her claim the "ignition cut off" ? I own a 2006 Xterra, and I would hate for this to ever happen.

Zack

That's bad mate. Sorry to see it. Bit too strong to pass off as 'patina?' But good that you're undamaged and hope you get it all sorted.

You can pop the lower spot welds on the B-pillar and cut it where it is straight up top and replace. Harbor Freight sales the bits for removing spot welds.

I would just take whatever insurance money they give you and invest in a solid welder and get to splicing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom