FJ40... progress (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you need a bigger "Toyota" emblem for the grill...that FJ60 piece isn't quite large enough. ;)

Nick

Good eye Nick... and yes, I do like that emblem there...

IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG
Got a little more stuff done... still need to align fenders etc, paint the hard top (end of the summer), install wipers, bumper, tailgate, soft top, rear shackles, tranny hump, wire up lights, front hubs...

Last edited:
It's coming along nicely.

Well now that CMCC is done and the 60 is stable I've been able to turn some attention back to the 40. Today I managed to get the front bib, apron and turn signal lights working and the horns are back up and running. Recently I got the seat belts all bolted to the MetalTech cage and seats and the front hubs installed...

I gotta get the wipers installed and then I THINK I'll be ready to get it inspected to make it road legal!

Thanks!

do you like it?

It is a great frame - easy to assemble and weld up. It makes the seats sit a bit higher than the stock brackets.... this has been a bit of a problem for me with the seats I am using, plus I am 6' tall. I am exploring other options to lower the seats (considering switching to an aux fuel tank and getting rid of the under seat one so I can lower the frame)

I have an alum tub also... got any more pics of how you did the rear and how you finished bolting it down?

** also any more pics of the metal tech cage with the alum body would be great? how do you like that? how difficult was that to put in?

I have an alum tub also... got any more pics of how you did the rear and how you finished bolting it down?

** also any more pics of the metal tech cage with the alum body would be great? how do you like that? how difficult was that to put in?

I used a Poly bushing set of body mounts for the tub

Easy-peasy - a non-issue: he cage dropped right into the body and is just bolted down for now. Frame tie-ins are coming.

Prewelded cage... I weld, but not to the point where I want to trust my life with it.

The seat mounts are just bolted to the floor. Drilled holes, got grade 8 bolts, used big ("fender") washers and/or some flat stock to beef up the mount points through the aluminum... overkill probably.

I learned a few things today:
1. Driving in a parade is boring. You go slow like wheeling but without the rocks.
2. My 40 attracted way more positive attention than the 2 Mercedes, 1 Mustang and 1 Corvette convertibles in the group.

IMG_20131019_113132_719.jpg

IMG_20131019_113506_641.jpg

IMG_20131019_125028_195.jpg

dad homecoming.jpg

Last edited:
Hard top is on and I've started building some half ambulance doors to go with my tailgate. Need a second pair of hinges, latch/handle modified and reinstalled and paint (tailgate too)

IMG_20131201_170311_903.jpg

IMG_20131201_170416_485.jpg

IMG_20131201_173324_605.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom