Feeler/thoughts, suggestions - NIB 2UZ (4.7L)TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
So many moons ago I scored a NIB TRD Super Charger for the 2UZ-FE through a Toyota connection. It's NOT a 100 Series specific kit in fact it is the Tundra kit BUT all of the crucial parts are the same and many 100 owners don't use the Toyota harness/ECU so it wasn't a worry when I picked it up. I had planned to put it on my 100 Series but as time moved on I never got around to it and with a 200 build underway I just don't see it getting installed. I'll likely be selling the 100 soon and it wouldn't do anything for the resale value to go through the effort to install it.

So, that leaves me with this SC. I'm doubtful I'll have any problems finding a home for it, I just want to find the right home. I've had a few PM's about it over the years and I've never even put it out there. I'd rather see a 100 Series owner get it rather than a Tundra owner :D And what are they selling for? Recently a used (but rebuilt one) listed for $4500. I'm not set on a price and want to be fair. Anyone have a pulse on what this thing is worth as of late?

If I didn't have an 06' I'd jump. What's it worth? I'd say at least $4500. I think at that price or higher will really limit the number that are willing to jump in. My $.02.

I offered someone selling one for $2300 an offer of $1800 and they accepted but this guy would only accept cashiers check and I couldn't push myself to do it. Regardless, the guy sold it for $2300 minus the ecu which I think is fair. This was just last week via craigslist and the tundra forum.

I offered someone selling one for $2300 an offer of $1800 and they accepted but this guy would only accept cashiers check and I couldn't push myself to do it. Regardless, the guy sold it for $2300 minus the ecu which I think is fair. This was just last week via craigslist and the tundra forum.

New In Box? That is quite a difference between the one I linked which was rebuilt (again mine is 100% new) which sold just a few months ago.

Not sure on a SC but sometimes things sitting in a box for years are worse off than something well maintained.

Not sure on a SC but sometimes things sitting in a box for years are worse off than something well maintained.

That can certainly be true for somethings but they are oiled before shipping so I'm not one bit concerned about the SC

In 2003, I believe they had an MSRP of $4600. Inflation calculator says that's $5945 in 2015 dollars. :)

I'm interested to hear the results of this thread as I, too, have an NIB TRD SC that will be up for sale soon.

I paid $3600 NIB when I bought mine from a gent in 2013.

Kurt- shoot high and then go down some if it doesn't sell, although I doubt that you will have problems. $4500 sounds like a great deal, perhaps you could start at 5K (or higher) to test the market? There are many more Tundra owners than cruiserheads so someone will buy it at that price. I doubt you need the money from this to put food on the table so you can afford to hold out for the right buyer, whether a cruiserhead or not....

Or put it on ebay with a high BIN, taking into account they take 10% off the sale/shipping price. Again, lots of Tundra owners would love more power and this is the medium to achieve it.

Bump. I'm now serious about finding a new home for this supercharger. In had a $6k offer fall through and I've got a Tundra guy "working on the funds" but I'd rather see this on a 100 :cool:

PM me if you'd like to discuss!

Kurt, we have a mutual friend that just purchased a 100 series that might be interested. Have you talked to Jason? I have no idea if he would be interested, but you guys might be able to work something out??

Kurt, will you do the install? Labor cost?

Bump. I'm now serious about finding a new home for this supercharger. In had a $6k offer fall through and I've got a Tundra guy "working on the funds" but I'd rather see this on a 100 :cool:

PM me if you'd like to discuss!

Does than mean the price is $6k?

Kurt, will you do the install? Labor cost?

Not in the cards for the near future but as things slow down at the shop perhaps

Does than mean the price is $6k?

Nope, best reasonable offer.

I've got a couple PM's and an email. I'll get back with all of you and answer any questions I can. My plan is to pull it off the shelf this week and snap some shots.

Nope, best reasonable offer.

I've got a couple PM's and an email. I'll get back with all of you and answer any questions I can. My plan is to pull it off the shelf this week and snap some shots.

Kurt, If you still have this in a few weeks, I may be interested. Gotta rebuild the kitty from Tuesday... Laser cutter + Esme + SLC shopping spree = YIKES!!

Jason

monkey.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom