Feeler/thoughts, suggestions - NIB 2UZ (4.7L)TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2001LC, it's just nice to have friends.

Trunk, my bad. I'll start a new thread

There's really no way to determine an accurate price for something like this - they're in relatively high demand, but t's quite likely literally the only BNIB TRD supercharger in existence. At this point, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I've thought about one in the past, and if I hadn't decided I don't need it, I'd be bidding pretty high for this one.

Good luck!

Great people as yourself have great friends.

So what kind of performance enhancement can one expect with a supercharger. Like is it best suited for high speed cross country off road?

After thinking about this a little more, its not for me.

Thanks and GL,

Jason

No worries. Let me know if you reconsider. I just saw your not about suspension, I would love to help and will be in the shop all next week.

Wow Toyota warranty is not voided with TRD Supercharger, that surprised me.
Darn; a 32% increase in HP and increase MPG in 2UZ-FE VVTi engine, how can that be? Is that true of non VVTi as well?

I never have heard of a SC increasing MPG so I don't buy into that. There is always a 1-2 mpg hit. It takes energy to turn that belt. Turbos on the other hand can increase mpg, especially on diesels.

I was surprised as well. But consider source is a Toyota Dealer & authorized installer, they open themselves up to a free install/parts or law suite making a public claim like that. But they did say light foot (my words). Obviously MPG goes down the heavy the foot SC or no SC.

Last I heard Kurt was holding on to it for Pablos (equipt) first gen Tundra. That was around March though...

Last I heard Kurt was holding on to it for Pablos (equipt) first gen Tundra. That was around March though...

That is correct. Pablo has agreed to purchase, I'm just waiting for him to swing by. I chatted with him at lunch today and he is still on the hook. If that changes I'll update here.

Saw it installed today on Equipt's "shop truck". Paul mentioned that the install can be done with two performance settings, lower or higher. He wasn't sure if that was accomplished through the ECU or smaller pulley or what. Where this was going on a Tundra with the cast rods, he opted for the lower power band.

20160915_111857.jpg

I have a TRD supercharger in my 2010 Tundra 5.7L....it's f'ing awesome!

Toyota has stopped selling these as part of their TRD lineup just recently.

My gas mileage increased, but you have to put premium in, so it was a wash.

Did you ever sell this?

Fwiw the complete kit sold, I still have a NIB supercharger only, no fit kit, etc. PM me if interested.

As to the original unit, Pablo has been super happy with it on his Tundra. He used it to tow/haul Four Wheel Campers back and forth between Reno and SLC and loves the extra juice. I'm wishing I had installed one on my 100 way back when... but then I found 381HP :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom