TRD SUPERCHARGER Injector Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All, I have a question.

I purchased a TRD SUPERCHARGER KIT with a 9th and 10th injector and TRD ECU

My question is, will this work on my 2001 Landcruiser I've read several threads that my 2001 model only has a 9th injector, is it possible to add all 10? What happens if I can only add the 9th injector to the TRD ECU?

IMG_8942.gif

I'm pretty sure the TRD ecu with the 9/10 injector is for vvti motor so not sure how that would work for you on non vvti ecu

My opinion for what its worth.

If you got a good deal on it. Sell it and by an Elate SC kit.

If you just want the TRD SC and not interested in the intercooled Elate kit.
I would:
- install the SC without the ECU and wiring.
- add a fuel pressure regulator with boost reference connected to passenger side boost port.
- monitor ecu fuel trims and oxygen sensors through a scan gauge or obd2 reader or add a wideband to the exhaust.

At TRD stock boost you should be fine with stock ecu. Run 93 octane, keep stock intake , exhaust and monitor it. :)

I'm pretty sure the TRD ecu with the 9/10 injector is for vvti motor so not sure how that would work for you on non vvti ecu

I would:
- add a fuel pressure regulator with boost reference connected to passenger side boost port.
- monitor ecu fuel trims and oxygen sensors through a scan gauge or obd2 reader or add a wideband to the exhaust.

At TRD stock boost you should be fine with stock ecu. Run 93 octane, keep stock intake , exhaust and monitor it. :)
Wow this explains a lot, do you think I should use the unichip ?

Wow this explains a lot, do you think I should use the unichip ?
I personally wouldn't go unichip unless you have cold air intake or headers etc.
With stock intake and exhaust I think it's fine at low boost and a fuel reg that is boost referenced. I would add methanol nozzle and spray at wot before I added a unichip.

If your in really hot climate not having an intercooler will hurt performance but 9th Injector doesn't help from what I've seen anyways.

Elate is intercooled so easier all around at low boost.

I would:

The 9th and 10th injectors are for the '03-'04 non vvti motors. Both of my s/c'd '04's have the 9th and 10th. TRD never made a blower for the vvti engines.

Not sure what to say about your question with having the 9th and 10th setup but having an earlier year engine/ecu. I have another 9th and 10th setup that I would consider putting on my '99 if it can be done easily.

Thank you All

I found out the TRD ECU will not work 98-2002 - have 5x3pin ecu 2003-2007 have 6x4PINS it would of been really nice for this kit to work :(

Good news is they are easy to sell and swap for an Intercooled kit. :) wish I would have known that before buying mine and then swapping it

Thank you All

I found out the TRD ECU will not work 98-2002 - have 5x3pin ecu 2003-2007 have 6x4PINS it would of been really nice for this kit to work :(

I am about to get into this rabbit hole. I am looking at a few TRD Superchargers to buy, but I have not been able to understand what the 9th and 10th injector refers to.
Does this mean that there are 2UZ FE engines with 9 injectors and other versiones with 10 injectors?
I own a 2005 non VVTi.

The 9th and 10th injectors are for the '03-'04 non vvti motors. Both of my s/c'd '04's have the 9th and 10th. TRD never made a blower for the vvti engines.

Not sure what to say about your question with having the 9th and 10th setup but having an earlier year engine/ecu. I have another 9th and 10th setup that I would consider putting on my '99 if it can be done easily.

Thank you All

The 10 injector ('03-'04 version) kit will work fine on a 98-02. You just need a different ECU than what is provided by TRD. It has to be set-up for the 10th injector. Try calling Unichip, URDUSA or ???.

'01-'02 Land Cruiser 4.7L TRD SC - Unichip Wholesale - https://www.unichipwholesale.com/product/01-02-land-cruiser-4-7l-trd-sc

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 10.11.38 AM.png

The 10 injector ('03-'04 version) kit will work fine on a 98-02. You just need a different ECU than what is provided by TRD. It has to be set-up for the 10th injector. Try calling Unichip, URDUSA or ???.

'01-'02 Land Cruiser 4.7L TRD SC - Unichip Wholesale - https://www.unichipwholesale.com/product/01-02-land-cruiser-4-7l-trd-sc

View attachment 3526317
@hoser Thank you for your feedback, I would love to use that TRD ECU what could go wrong If try it?

Do you know where else I could buy UniChip? They can not sell these units due to EPA regulations ;(.

I don't know the latest restrictions. I would call them (not email).... or they might be available from Unichip Australia? 😉

At the low boost the TRD will make, using a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator is a much cheaper option. A methanol injection kit would also be good with lack of intercooler. No unichip needed from what I have seen.

Drop the two extra injectors. Plug the holes and leave the TRD Ecu off. Add FPR and run 93. It will run fine. If you will be beating on it or you are in a very hot climate add methanol injection.

Can look back at my early post or YouTube . I should some have videos of when my TRD was installed. I spent alot of time and money to max out a TRD SC on a 2uz.

Lots of unichips where I currently live. None seems to work that great compared to stock ecu or a standalone used as a piggyback like Maxxecu, Halltech etc.

Just trying to help you not go down some of the same very coatly roads i went down. Haha. Could also just install what you have and see how it goes. Just don't go WOT until all is running well. Use 93 octane. Do some runs and check spark plugs etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom