Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marshall, Ive pm'ed, posted, and called over past 2 months with no response. Are you still in business of making softtops?

Thanks Marshall! The soft top was finally installed today and it fit the real steel bows like a glove! Fantastic timing on the top, got it 8 days after I ordered it. You are the man!

tmp_IMG_134590251153524-1804868862.jpeg

tmp_IMG_134597791631653-161319025.jpeg

I think I'm dumb. I need help on attaching the windshield channel. Which way is up? Why can't I get the dangum rivets in there? Is that where they go? Please help! It's raining and I'm topless!

Marshall - Does your canvas top require waterproofing and is there special care you need to take when cleaning the top and windows? I don't want to mistakenly use a cleaner on the windows that ends up turning them yellow or cloudy.

Are there any pictures of Troopy tops available yet ?

:cheers:

Marshall, Any progress on updated designs for soft tops. You had mentioned updated materials and new attachment design w/o footman loops? I am particularly interested and not drilling holes for footman loops in freshly restored body panels.

I'm about half way through designing and making the first Trollhole soft top. This is the one with no straps and uses these crazy strong magnets and shock cord to hold the top down, zip out windows (all of them) and if I can get it figured out a 3rd brake light above the back window. It will be made out of a 3 layer Sunbrella outer, butyl rubber inner core and another layer of synthetic material inside. Choice of interior colors are tan and black with a whole host of outer colors. As well using Strataglass windows which are as scratch resistant as you can get. Pricing is going to be spendy. Around 2k for the top. But it will be bad ass.

Will you still be offering the previous stock style top or are these going to be it ? Got hit by a hail storm and I'm trying to make up my mind on the color/fabric of my replacement.

I'm about half way through designing and making the first Trollhole soft top. This is the one with no straps and uses these crazy strong magnets and shock cord to hold the top down, zip out windows (all of them) and if I can get it figured out a 3rd brake light above the back window. It will be made out of a 3 layer Sunbrella outer, butyl rubber inner core and another layer of synthetic material inside. Choice of interior colors are tan and black with a whole host of outer colors. As well using Strataglass windows which are as scratch resistant as you can get. Pricing is going to be spendy. Around 2k for the top. But it will be bad ass.

Really looking forward to seeing this top!

Will you still be offering the previous stock style top or are these going to be it ? Got hit by a hail storm and I'm trying to make up my mind on the color/fabric of my replacement.

Ill still be doing the oem styles.

So what keeps the sides from flapping near the tub? The rear is strapped, the top is connected to the bows on the top and poles. The Besttop has the channel there that holds the top tight. Wondering how it works here

Marshall you going to be around your shop tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom