Expression of interest - Early soft top doors, door stoppers and door surrounds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie 1962 FJ25

Autocrat
Threads
Wondering if there is any group interest in reproducing these. I am going to get door surrounds made for me and got a perfect original piece to replicate. Ige @nuclearlemon have expressed interest in them and also requested me to investigate possibility of reproducing early ST doors and door limiters / stoppers. I have got original doors in amazing condition and door limiters will be based on measurements Ige has provided.

Experts please chime in with an ideal price point.

Count -
@JohnnyC - Loads of Pictures
@nuclearlemon - Doors, Door Surrounds, Door Stoppers.
@tahoe40/45 - Doors
@mmcinnis - Doors

Last edited:
Update in pricing from last year (Slight increase, but not much). We will need minimum 5 sets for each. All prices below are in USD. (Manufacturer's Payment terms are 50% advance at the time of placing the order and balance on pickup). Delivery 4 to 8 weeks.

1) Door surround pieces @ $255 (Old price was $240) includes: ($380 / set for less than 5 sets order)

- 4 pieces cut straight in 750mm length each
- 2 windshield brackets (left & right)
(This will be more then enough length for you to cut them in angles and just weld those brackets)

2) Doors - @ $1090 (Old price was $1050) - Includes: - Pretty much everything except Plexiglas and Canvas

- Both right and left door frames
- Door handles for both sides
- Plaxiglas channel along with locking clip bracket for both sides.

3) Plaxiglass windows - $110 - Includes: Pair for both doors

These doors are pain in the ------- and current demand not helping the cause besides we will need more then 15 sets to save some (Which won't be much again). I haven't calculated packaging and shipping which will be on top of it. Easier option will be to freight it to one centralised place in USA.

Last edited:
Since no one confirmed, Got mine done at a higher cost. They came out exact replica of original.

DSC_2728.JPG

DSC_2731.JPG

Nice shape Archie, that diagonal face is much straighter than my guy could manage without going to a two piece assembly.

how much of a higher price? looks much better than my two piece.

I paid $380 for a set including 2 windshield brackets. I had to get it done since I was holding on to the pattern way too long. I am sure Henry was not in hurry but I was feeling the pressure of too much responsibility. LOL.

I paid $380 for a set including 2 windshield brackets. I had to get it done since I was holding on to the pattern way too long. I am sure Henry was not in hurry but I was feeling the pressure of too much responsibility. LOL.

haha archie; no stress mate! old landcruiser projects are a tool to relax not create pressure. well thats what i use them for anyway!

Alright boys, I got definite interest from 3 mud members for early "ST Doors" (set) and we are looking for 2 more interested folks to complete minimum purchase requirement of the manufacturer. I will have to reconfirm price again, although not expecting much variation from the one I posted earlier.

I recently placed an order for another set of door channels for a member and their prices were still what they charged me last year.

Here is how they looked like finished -

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

Last edited:
I am interested in the door channels and doors. Can you send me a pm with prices?

Archie,

Just found the pricing above. So a complete set of door channels and two doors will run $1290 plus shipping if 5 sets are ordered. Are the bows included?

Tally Ho! I'm in. PM will be on its way shortly.

Jason

Archie,

Just found the pricing above. So a complete set of door channels and two doors will run $1290 plus shipping if 5 sets are ordered. Are the bows included?

No bows. Just the set of doors and 4 straight cut door channels & 2 windshield brackets. Door channel pics are above in post 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom