exhaust mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
haven't been posting on this forum is a good while, but i recently went on a cabin trip to the Great Smokey Mountains this past winter break, and it being a bumpy dirt road to get to the cabin, my exhaust mounts broke. So as of now, i hear the occasional banging of the exhaust on the frame. My question is can any universal mounts work or is there a special type for the 60? i also have the gasket from the exhaust manifold, it is obviously leaking, and am going to change it out when i fix the mounts

thanks!

There are stock mount that are bolted/riveted to the frame to mount your stock exhaust. They are available oem new or used.
Alternatively, any muffler shop should be able to get your exhaust secured with some generic mounts for you.

i also have the gasket from the exhaust manifold, it is obviously leaking

Might want to consider resurfacing that manifold so the leak doesn't return. Exhaust manifolds tend to warp. Or use one of those gaskets I hear about that are thicker than OEM.

Get under the truck and grab the exhaust in various spots and move it around. Find out what is loose, broken, or worn. It may be that you just have a loose or broken bolt. If it is a broken mount, I would highly recommend getting a good used mount off someone who is parting out a truck, or a new replacement. If your exhaust is old and rusty, it may have rusted through the pipe or muffler too and that may be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom