Double Cardan Drive Shaft Solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn’t have my glasses on so didn’t realize I was responding to a thread.

I try and monitor my stock levels so as not to sell something that isn’t available. Occasionally something will become available and if someone has asked about that item I will contact that person and give them first chance. In this case that first chance wasn’t ready for it and an hour later I thought I received another PM asking about a shafts availability so I offered it to you. If you hadn’t contacted me it would have been put into inventory and the next looker who clicked on the item would be able to purchase it.

I get a lot of PMs about product availability and the best advice is to go to my site and click on the item. I could have something when asked and then not when they shop because someone beat them to it.

It’s the best system I’ve come up with to deal with erratic supply’s.

I try and monitor my stock levels so as not to sell something that isn’t available. Occasionally something will become available and if someone has asked about that item I will contact that person and give them first chance. In this case that first chance wasn’t ready for it and an hour later I thought I received another PM asking about a shafts availability so I offered it to you. If you hadn’t contacted me it would have been put into inventory and the next looker who clicked on the item would be able to purchase it.

I get a lot of PMs about product availability and the best advice is to go to my site and click on the item. I could have something when asked and then not when they shop because someone beat them to it.

First come, first served! Landtank's DC is the only DC that'll touch my 80. Thanks for making an awesome product homey.

TW DC shaft is going well so far. To note - toward the end of the first tank of gas, I thought I had a mild front vibration at times, though not like before. Checked for play and then topped off with red-n-tacky. Joints seemed to take more grease than I thought, and the first “purge” was very minimal before clean red stuff came out. They were greased from TW (white/no color grease) but maybe not enough? I’m usually one to check those things from square one, but skipped it. Feels all good now.

2 of 3 zerks were loose. Also a good thing to double check from the start - glad I poked around.

With the plews 05-019 needle they recommend, I was able to grease the DC ball without removing that end. Barely took any grease, so that part was fine. They supply a plastic adapter but the plews looked to be a better (necessary?) fit

Please excuse my ignorance, what is in the center that needs a zerk?
My Google-Foo is failing me.

NVMND, had to use the term BALL in the search.

IMG_1109.jpeg

Please excuse my ignorance, what is in the center that needs a zerk?
My Google-Foo is failing me.
There's a small ball and socket that keeps it all centred in there and it needs to be greased

Oh, I'm all over your site waiting for the DC Drive Shafts page to read 'add to cart'

I like to see a rear all Toyota DC shaft for the 80 that’s an easy purchase.

@landtank

I'm still running your og shaft and wanted to get confirmation that the DC end has two zerks and not a third ball joint zerk like the new model? Many thanks.

IMG_1554.jpeg

the CVs with outer clips also have the third zirk but you need to rotate the shaft so that it gets exposed. The best idea is to drop the shaft and find it as it can be in a couple of locations. The shafts I sell now makes greasing a breeze.

the CVs with outer clips also have the third zirk but you need to rotate the shaft so that it gets exposed. The best idea is to drop the shaft and find it as it can be in a couple of locations. The shafts I sell now makes greasing a breeze.
So there is a third zerk in mine above? I can easily access the two at the joints. Could not spot a third in the middle.

So there is a third zerk in mine above? I can easily access the two at the joints. Could not spot a third in the middle.
it's inside the joint. There are a few types used over the years but they all need the shaft to be bent at the CV to allow access. I know where to find them and it can be frustrating even for me.

Of course not one of the finest DC shafts from landtank, but the ball zerk on my TW shaft is definitely tight. It uses the flush style fitting that takes a needle adapter. The plews adapter they recommend is long and skinny, I can just fit it on there with the shaft rotated the right way. Wonder if that's possible for you as well. And like he said, even though I know where it is and how to get to it, it's still kind of a B.

Greased it up

Really easy to access the zerks, lined up all in phase. 🏆

0791741F-A1D0-43FA-A015-368EA72DB177.jpeg

763D4E53-59DB-487B-BE07-530D7122ABFD.jpeg

C8BA0BC0-B439-4F76-8252-9339D36BF5CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom