Door Lock Actuator Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is another option.
I replace mine on '99 RX300. The original motor I think was FC-280PT-22125
I used FC-280SC-20150 which has a bit longer shaft, so I cut it using Dremel Cutter and it works fine.
Another door I replace the cap with brushes from FC-280PT-20150, it fit well and works.

Note: 20150 has a little bit less torque than the original 22125, but it seems enough to do the job.
The motor might works with other cars too.
For details I have posted in club lexus forums Door Lock Acutuators DIY ??? - Page 22 - Club Lexus Forums post #326

In my opinion it is easier to replace the motor than replacing the cap. But you must remove the collar from your old motor and put it in the new motor.
It's easy to do. The only hard part is opening the clam shell, and taking the whole assembly out of the door. But once you did it, its not that hard.
If anyone need the motor I still have some of both motor, just email me.
Good luck!

did anyone come up with a new source for these??

i googled and tried to get a couple price quotes but will prob be for large quantites...will see next week

did anyone come up with a new source for these??

i googled and tried to get a couple price quotes but will prob be for large quantites...will see next week

Im willing to purchase a large quantity if you find them reasonably.

Nothing like having some bench stock, count me for 4.

Thanks!

I wanted to post a thank you to the folks in this forum. This setup saved me hundreds of dollars on my Sienna. Plus it was fun. :) Anyway the spring when I did this I could only find these in bulk for a couple hundred dollars. Now there are some other folks on ebay but I'll also be getting rid of my surplus on ebay at a small markup. If I can get rid of the 40 or so I have - I use the $ to buy some more and stock these forever. The FC 280PC 22125 works for '054 Siennas great. (If you want to but search FC 280PC 22125 on ebay for me and others.) This spring there was no one else, but now are a couple.

Thanks to all!!!

I found an exact replacement for the Mabuchi FC 280PT-22125. I have tested it and verified the specifications and the only difference is they are more expensive. ($9.99 each)
Search for FC 280PT 22125 on eBay and the new ad will appear.
If you need the FC 280PC-22125 (no brass tab) request it in "Note to seller" and the tab will be removed.

Last edited:
Found FC 280PT-22125

Check eBay again search for FC 280PT 22125. and they will show up as of June 29, 2009.:bounce2:

Last edited:
My wife's driver side door lock failed on Thursday. Friday I went online, found two of the Mabuchi FC 280PT-22125 on Ebay for $9.99 each, bought them (one for a spare, as I assume it's inevitable that it will fail on my '99 also). Today I replaced it, using the details posted on this writeup. It took me about 1.5 hours and it worked flawlessly, thank you SO MUCH for saving me the $500+. Once more, IH8MUD proves invaluable!

I'm looking for actuator motor FC-280SC-20150 or for a complete door lock actuator for the right sliding door of my 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. Any one out there have one available?

How do you remove the worm gear from the motor shaft? Is it just a press fit or how is it mounted to the shaft?

I'm looking for actuator motor FC-280SC-20150 or for a complete door lock actuator for the right sliding door of my 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. Any one out there have one available?

How do you remove the worm gear from the motor shaft? Is it just a press fit or how is it mounted to the shaft?

Search Ebay, a Chrysler forum, or wrecking yards?

Assuming the Chrysler is the same, the worm gear just slides on. Its driven by a flat spot on the collar on the motor shaft..

Got mine in too! :princess:is stoked

My wife's driver side door lock failed on Thursday. Friday I went online, found two of the Mabuchi FC 280PT-22125 on Ebay for $9.99 each, bought them (one for a spare, as I assume it's inevitable that it will fail on my '99 also). Today I replaced it, using the details posted on this writeup. It took me about 1.5 hours and it worked flawlessly, thank you SO MUCH for saving me the $500+. Once more, IH8MUD proves invaluable!

Epoxy Type?

What epoxy type are you all using and where can I get it? I am assuming this motor will work on a 2005 landcruiser? Also, any more tips on opening the clam shell to expose the motor?

Thanks everyone on this forum

Thank you all for such a useful thread. I fixed all of my 4 doors this weekend that were acting up for a while on my 2000 LC. Interestingly they worked little bit better on cold days, but in summer both my front doors always quit on me. The rear doors would gradually quit on opening and closing a few times.

- I used the 5 minute plastic weld epoxy that I got from Kragen. I used it on almost 90% of the groove, coz I saw a clam shell opening with less epoxy.

- I put them outside in hot sun for about 10 minutes like someone recommended here, used my tiny flat head screwdriver to pop open. Couldn't always get them to open perfectly, had a small piece stuck in the back of the shell a couple of times. Hopefully the epoxy will hold them together.

I happened to change a broken door latch on my 99 Camry recently. They sold me the whole assembly at the wrecking yard that I saved for parts. I got curious and opened the actuator/shell made for camry door. I found the exact same motor in there too. Infact the actuator looked similar too.

So another possible option is to get the whole door lock assembly for Camry at a wrecking yard for about $50 and replace the actuator on LC without opening the clam shell. I am betting it would be cheaper to buy a door lock assembly for Camry at a wrecking yard than LC. I am not sure if it will work and I haven't tried, but I might go that route if my clam shells ever open up.

Good luck to other DIY'ers...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom