Diesel FJ40, 1974FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Toyota axles are out and shipped to Indiana!
It's go time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443219834.910350.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443219850.964033.jpg

Got my 5 new wheels and tires mounted. Mounted them by hand. 17" wheels, 40" MTRs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443219913.228675.jpg

When is she gonna be complete?

Possibly the more important question, is this the last major surgery? :lol:

What did you do to cover the engine when you removed the factory fenders/skirt and installed the metal tech front fenders?

What did you do to cover the engine when you removed the factory fenders/skirt and installed the metal tech front fenders?

I cut up the original inner fender liner and formed and welded them in. It looks factory under the tube otter fenders. I didn't feel bad about cutting up the originals because I did all this after I rolled it in the wreck.

That seems easy enough to do. My fenders are trimmed in front of the signals. Kept crunching them when I stuffed a wheel so cutting is doable. Thanks for the reply.

update:
I pulled out the FJ55 rear springs. I've been unhappy with all the efforts/sacrifices i feel like im making trying to keep the rear leaf springs. I've decided to stop fighting it, going to a 4link rear. I'm going to run front TJ coils in the rear with a double triangulated 4 link. I've got coil plates and retainers coming in this week i hope. currently still researching link geometry so i don't have any goals yet. biggest items for me are neutral anti squat and good behavior under heavy braking (not raising up in the rear to high/quickly).

I'm pushing the rear axle back several more inches to approximately 105" overall wheelbase.
This will obviously require me to cut my rear fenders to clear the 40s. its currently taped, what do you think?

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom