CSC TRAIL GUIDE STICKY ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kdxman

SILVER Star
Threads
So here is what I'm thinking, for all the people that are new to wheelin,g new to Arizona or both. I think a trail guide would be a good way to share the vast knowledge of the club. As I am sure there are a lot of good trails out there that are not in the books.

we should use a simple rating system 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 for trail difficulty and also a rating system for scenery. altitude should also be thrown in there so people will know what to expect in the summer and winter.

Well that's all I have let me know what you think

Would it be possible that a lot of the trails we run are already rated?

I'm sure all the well known trails are already rated but the smaller fire service roads and trails might not be. also I've seen multiple rating systems for the same trails depending on what website your on

I'm sure all the well known trails are already rated but the smaller fire service roads and trails might not be. also I've seen multiple rating systems for the same trails depending on what website your on

Most of the "ratings" I have seen are done by random clubs/groups. Its really hard to tell what basis they are making such judgements on. If its a bunch of rock buggies, then the rating is pretty far off scale from what most stock or moderately upgraded rigs are looking for. OTOH, things like the Wells books are full of good information, but it is based on very stock rigs, and it it not timely due to the fact it may be over 10 years between publishing dates. Maybe it would be better to just make up a summary of recent club trail reports and rate them on a scale that would be more accurate and current for newbs. Should be a sticky for quick reference and contain a brief summary and a link to previous trips by the club/members.

I think it is great idea. Being a newer member, I have looked to see if there was a sticky for the various ROTM, and wished there was.

I agree with the 1-5 rating system (based on our Land Cruisers). Somehow we have to factor in the driver's experience as well. I might give a trail a 3 because of my lack of experience, but LCP would give it a 1 - Just a thought. Is it best to post the summaries here, or on the CSC pages?

I think it is great idea. Being a newer member, I have looked to see if there was a sticky for the various ROTM, and wished there was.

I agree with the 1-5 rating system (based on our Land Cruisers). Somehow we have to factor in the driver's experience as well. I might give a trail a 3 because of my lack of experience, but LCP would give it a 1 - Just a thought. Is it best to post the summaries here, or on the CSC pages?

Absolutely not true LCP is ultra conservative (more of a worry nanny if anything these days:princess:) with trail rating but I do agree that some others have given stocker friendly a new meaning.

:oops: in the end, everyone said they had fun on that run!

However The Wells book only has the well known "popular" trails for the most part. AZ is a big state there are tons of trails and roads that are not in the books.

Yes, CSC web site is another good place for this info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom