Cruiser Restoration guidebook (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Factory Service Manual ( FSM ) - contains instructions and pictures to disassemble and rebuild every system on the vehicle.

See SKINNER's thread

It would be nice to have a book or magazine that had restoration pics, tips, etc. I have purchased many for British bikes....Triumphs, BSA's, old Mustangs and even vintage Schwinn bicycles.
But, what sort of market would it be for 60 series LC's? I think someone posted the production, or import totals for North America and it wasn't many. So, if someone were to put out a book the total market demand is a fraction of what it would be for a book on Mustangs or Jeeps or other vehicles that were produced by the hundred thousands.

Between this site, the Yahoo Group and the few catalogs like SOR out there, we've got it ok. While on the subject...I see many postings where folks are slamming SOR for their prices. Really, they aren't bad. I too will shop around for prices and order from CDan when I can, cruiserparts.net, etc....but I do try to throw a few orders their way. I can't imagine if they weren't there to do what they do. As is stated in this thread, their catalogs and pics on their website are worth their weight in gold.

I hope the rest of you do a little ordering from them as well.

m

Well I am new to the Cruiser world, and anywhere I can get help it is appreciated. I had a chance to look at the SOR site, and I must say it is not like LMC or NPD, but it is a huge help with all of the diagrams they provide. About the price, I thought it was a good place to start, but like you say shop around shop around.

Always as here at MUD before you buy something used. Usually somebody can help out.

Factory Service Manual ( FSM ) - contains instructions and pictures to disassemble and rebuild every system on the vehicle.

Do you have a downloadable link?
Here on mud the FSM is always mentioned. I only have dozens of different pdf's that cover the cruiser in parts, and a hazzle to look up in.
My 12ht/2h manual is perfect, but i really miss a full fsm for the rest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom