cruiser lean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my front right is the low point but the back sags so much it isn't really noticeable. As for the weight offset for the engine, drivetrain. I cant see how the diffs could be used in the body lean equation as they are unsprung weight. But the engine would be offset to allow the powertrain more room without making the t-case more centered, or offseting the diffs more, both of which would be rather more expensive to do than just making the engine, gearbox mounts offset.

I say its a side effect of the transfer-case design that was not important enough and too $$$ to fix.

Sam

That's the best explanation I have seen as to why the sprung weight should not be centered. (You are right about the pumpkins, of course, I didn't think of that.) I like that hypothesis much better than 'designed for the rightside driver'.
You guys with the frontward lean seem to be the exception, from what I have read, but who knows? I don't think there is an intentional design difference between the left and right front springs. I have my OEMs sitting on the shop floor next to each other now and can't tell the difference. And, as seems to be the experience of others, if it were the springs then the sag should go away or switch sides with new ones, but it generally remains consistant, as it did in my case.

Heh, I wonder what putting in my PTO drive and winch will do to this!

Mine leaned left so I switched front springs left for right while doing SOA. With SB 350 being better balanced(weight closer to centerline) it sits much better know. Like most I had the same old saggy rears. With SOA they sit real nice and talk about supple. My best bud put high dollar springs and shocks on his and now hes asking me how I made mine ride so sweet. I don't want to make him cry so I don't think I'll tell him.

How can it do that?! :eek:

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=23;start=0#msg26776 date=1058246217]
Ooooo...
twisted.
[/quote]

Isn't that a Cars song? :D

:D

Good golly guys it ain't brain surgery to fix.........take a jack on level ground and jack the frame at the low corner, if you can level the truck by only using one jack, good, then you only have to jack with one leaf pack. if it takes 2 jacks then you have to work on 2 leaf packs............
Remove that pack from the truck add one or 2 leafs from some old springs, install and check it, repeat process until it is level. Just make sure you do not have the ends of 2 leafs the exact same length, this will break the one above them. Use a chop saw to make them end in a progression....done too many to count this way.
Butch

I know y’all see that lean. Now what’s best fix?
Have a great day
Mike

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom