Cruiser corps rear seat cover issues… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

projectTuRD

SILVER Star
Threads
It’s probably me.
I cannot get the base covers to fit.
The foam is good.
The flaps are much longer than the original covers and I don’t see how they’re supposed to work.
I don’t feel I should add foam because the ‘fitted’ part is fine.
Any tips or tricks are appreciated
I have a message into their customer service..,

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0331.jpeg

Were there no instructions? You could check SOR and see if they have instructions online for their covers that might give some ideas.

I can't see how these could work, but maybe you roll under the extra material, or cut it off and re-hem with sewing machine. You shouldn't HAVE to do this, of course, but it may be the easiest path.

@KingAir Driver had the same issue with the seat covers.

Finally had some free time to dive into the jump seats. Started with the passengers side, got 3/4 done with the back pad and realized the bottom fold over flap was too wide. Looked at the other thinking I installed the wrong one, but it was the same. 🤔 Pulled out the original covers and they’re different.
View attachment 3446340 The vertical supports of the jump seats are different widths from passengers to drivers side. I would think @Cruiser Corps would know this since they market a 72-73 cover.

View attachment 3446341

View attachment 3446342

Moved on to the drivers side, everything fit perfectly.

View attachment 3446343

Anyone else have to deal with this? I’ll contact Cruiser Corps and see what they say.

It’s probably me.
I cannot get the base covers to fit.
The foam is good.
The flaps are much longer than the original covers and I don’t see how they’re supposed to work.
I don’t feel I should add foam because the ‘fitted’ part is fine.
Any tips or tricks are appreciated
I have a message into their customer service..,

View attachment 3596853

View attachment 3596854

View attachment 3596855

View attachment 3596856

View attachment 3596857
Your covers and foam were not original. You need thicker foam.

Your covers and foam were not original. You need thicker foam.
They (foam) fit fine with the original covers. There was in fact a horse hair type base, with a foam layer on top. The new covers themselves fit, but the flaps don’t. They’re unnecessary. I don’t understand how they claim to make them as close to the original design as possible when they’re clearly not.
And they’ve ghosted me on messenger so it’s time to pick up the actual phone I guess.

IMG_0417.jpeg

Weird! I bought their seat foam and covers for my jump seats for my '76 (9/75) and they fit great. I used Icon reproduction seat frames, and my rig didn't come with jump seats. So I didn't have a comparison point. Maybe my foam was thicker than OEM?
Later model seats are completely different. Maybe they got those right. 🤷🏼‍♂️

@KingAir Driver had the same issue with the seat covers.

Finally had some free time to dive into the jump seats. Started with the passengers side, got 3/4 done with the back pad and realized the bottom fold over flap was too wide. Looked at the other thinking I installed the wrong one, but it was the same. 🤔 Pulled out the original covers and they’re different.
After looking at that thread and pictures, maybe my foam is wrong. It looks like his covers sit on top of the frame and the flaps wrap around it. That would certainly help. The odd thing is though, that all 3 seats I took apart had the same style covers and foam. 1 seat came with my truck and 2 I got at a swap meet. The only difference was the brackets that bolt to the floor. The pads themselves were the same.

I had the same issue with my 71. The flaps were too long and too wide. I folded the flaps over themselves before attaching them. For the width issue, I trimmed the ends at an angle and sewed them closed. I was also disappointed in them and couldn’t get anywhere with the vendor. I think it may be a difference in the early long seats.

So CC never got back to me and my Spector foam came in so I thought I’d try it. Looks like it might be the solution. This was just a quick mock up, I have to let the covers warm up a bit, get wire for the welting, etc.

IMG_0490.jpeg

IMG_0491.jpeg

IMG_0489.jpeg

I think my father had the same issue with the rear jump seats. I'm not too sure if I'm remembering correctly, but he had ordered the covers for the "long jump seats" similar to you. They did not fit. I think for him, they were too short. Apparently there was a different variation in the jump seats produced and he had the slightly longer jump seats thst came on the earlier years.

They eventually sent him the correct ones and they fit as they should. Sucks that they ghosted you, but I hope you get it all resolved soon with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom