Cruise Moab 2024?! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Camping at the event site- anyone getting there earlyish Wednesday can grab a big ol’ spot for us?

I might be getting in late wed aft from Lockhart.

Trucks?-
@mccracken
@90WT
@ttFJC
@use2bn83
@uzimuffin
Who else?

I think @CCRider is posting up at KOA for the pool scene

should we bring a bunch of firewood?
I may be able to drop a truck or 2 or 3 on Wednesday to hold a spot (no promises though, gotta see how the week goes) but if one was going to grab a camping spot for you guys where would you like it? @ttFJC @mccracken I think you said right next to the entrance is your goal?

We're headed over Sunday and staying at a house in the neighborhood just north of the arena (we have toddlers so camping wasn't appealing this time) but we are walking distance and will definitely come hang out with the 406 friends 🍻. We'll be around all week so if anyone finds yourself in trouble or broken feel free to reach out.

-Johnny

9UPTSZo.jpeg
After Tuesday with @SteadfastRocky I figured I’d go through my tool bag before Moab…it was quite a facepalm…I seem to be just tossing whatever I’ve used over the last three years in there.
You seem to have the channel locks well covered :rofl:

IMG_3669.jpeg
IMG_6183.jpeg

What a week! Lot of great trail rides, had a chance to stare at the back of a lot of different trucks, including a couple of familiar ones.

Fun times with 406 club mates and a bunch of new friends.

IMG_6133.jpeg

CM was a blast this year! Great to see everyone, new friends and old. We wheeled. Broke stuff. Fixed stuff. And then wheeled some more. :steer:

After pre-running TOTW:

IMG_5909.jpg

406 Cruiser Row at the Arena. (But I didn't get Nick and Ashley in this one.)

IMG_6025.jpg

The Prospector's rig lifting two:

IMG_6035.PNG

So bummed to miss it. Always a great event.

So who broke what!?

Excited for more pics. hint hint

So who broke what!?
I destroyed a transmission mount rubber puck, which led to the engine rocking, which broke an engine mount. @CCRider helped me fix it on our lunch break at TOTW Friday. I actually had two engine mounts in my spares box. Repair time was 30 min or less. But the trail fix didn't work completely and the motor mount broke again sometime on the way down. Still was able to drive back to town without issue. So after the raffle Friday night, @mccracken loaned me some leftover rubber bushings from his spares bag (off a shock) and I got a better trail fix on the trans mount. Then installed the other motor mount. Ran Jax Trax Sat with no issues. The 40 is a tank.

Now that I’m back in the reel world I’ll post some highlights from my trip

Bob leading the way on Kane creek
DSC_0104.jpeg

Welding the pan hard bar back to the axle on flat iron mesa
IMG_3426.jpeg

Sheared knuckle studs 500yrds from the top of the world
IMG_3459.jpeg

Joop with a broken rear driveshaft on the waterfall- top of the world
IMG_3457.jpeg

Boone loves riding in Bob
DSC_0003.jpeg

Gambler camping set up
IMG_3551.jpeg

Greetings from Moab

IMG_3568.jpeg

200 getting flex on hamburger hill- Kane creek trail

DSC_0225.jpeg

This guy was super chill

DSC_0146.jpeg

Sketchy on hamburger hill

DSC_0269.jpeg

Great pics as usual Aaron. How'd your trock do?

@90WT top of the world is one of my most favorite trails ever.

Great pics as usual Aaron. How'd your trock do?

@90WT top of the world is one of my most favorite trails ever.
The gambler did great! I did not do any trails other then some slightly washboards gravel roads but 1700 miles round trip and zero problems. Can’t say that about all the other vehicles I’ve driven to Moab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom