Cruise Moab 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question for all you mountain folk… Should I pack the tire chains or is it safe to go without that extra weight? Never been though there this time of year so I just don’t want to be unprepared. Thanks.

depends on where you're driving? in colorado, if you're on i-70, you're fine.

:bounce:
I just found out that I'm attending as a copilot!
As it turns out, I'll be in California on the 27th anyway, for my grandmother's 95th birthday. And a buddy is driving out for Moab. So.... Looks like I'm being totally irresponsible, extending my trip by a week, and going to CM08! :bounce2:

:clap:

See ya there!:flipoff2:

That wouldn't be Brian that you're riding with, would it?

I'm at the border. Driven from Smithers to Grand Forks BC. Averaged 15 mpg US with a great big roof rack and my pop up tent trailer towing behind me.....not bad eh?

I'm 3-4 days away still. Yesterday I had my three kids in the car for 12 hrs LOL Today we will try to get deep into Washington.

is it time to leave yet?

Site #18... big blue fj-60

Elephant hill thursday

Behind the rocks Friday

Pritchett Sat

Planning on doing Moab rim Weds (day) hells revenge weds (night)?

I'm at the border. Driven from Smithers to Grand Forks BC. Averaged 15 mpg US with a great big roof rack and my pop up tent trailer towing behind me.....not bad eh?

I'm 3-4 days away still. Yesterday I had my three kids in the car for 12 hrs LOL Today we will try to get deep into Washington.

i am getting 12-14 us mpg with the m101 trailer. are you sure that math is right? 15 mpg in a 3FE with a trailer would be phenomenal.

i am getting 12-14 us mpg with the m101 trailer. are you sure that math is right? 15 mpg in a 3FE with a trailer would be phenomenal.

Yup I got it right.... but it's with a 3B not a 3fe. I took my BJ60 on this journey. Today I pushed into 20 I think for mpg. I filled up in Kelowna and went direct to clarkston, wa thru Osoyoos and then on the 395. Then it took 65 dollars of diesel at 4.45 a gallon.

Clarkston/Lewiston is absolutely beautiful. The drive down the hill is amazing.

Now I'm two days away! I got to Mountain Home, ID today. Nice drive from Clarkston to Mountain home, quite the descent down into the park outside Lewiston. I was wondering why my truck was sucking ass soo much then I found out it was 5200 feet at the summit around Cascade. I've driven almost all mountain roads since leaving Northern BC I'm ready for some flat interstate stuff.

This is going to happen! Skinny Wheels on the Rocks!
P3070001.JPG

You'll dig this years shirt phil... I'm going to take the diesel again, I've thought about the 64 though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom