CROWN KING RUN: 14 Dec. 2013, Saturday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You will not find any areas on this trail that are worthy of making you feel that way. Like others have said, this is a friendly trail and you will be able to relax and enjoy the trip. The picture you show of that white 80 was listed as much more difficult and was known to have major washouts and required lockers, lift, etc.

Others will be glad to give tips as you go but even if there is a tricky place, there are easy bypasses.

Crown King is a great first trail - and will continue to be a favorite even after you 4wheel for many years. :cheers:

Exactly.

My therapist says I have to go... :rolleyes:

You don't want a newbie with an 80 behind anyone in a 40.

:hillbilly: :steer: :flipoff2:

BTW, if you are driving a manual transmission, beware of the 80s - they stop nilly-willy on any ascent and take your momentum away :mad:

ALERT!

No Nilly-Willy-ness on this trip folks, especially those with an 80! Newbees excluded! :D

I agree with Claudia, so, I fixed it!:cheers:

Originally Posted by OffRoad Rage View Post
You don't want a newbie with an 40 behind anyone in a 80

:hillbilly: :steer: :flipoff2:

BTW, if you are driving a manual transmission, beware of the 80s - they stop nilly-willy on any ascent and take your momentum away :mad:

MB & I will be there. Put us on the list
Unless there's more smoke or we run out of extra fuses.;)

:cheers:

A couple CSC videos shot around the same time frame last year. Much of the video is shot of optional harder lines. With that said I still would not recommend an inexperienced driver for this run with any vehicle this time of the years. The end goal is to have a great time and learn without fear or damage to driver or passengers.

Yes I express more caution then most but I know first hand bad things can happen in inexperienced hands.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Friend...victims-of-Crown-King-SUV-crash-75103972.html

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2009/12/01/20091201memorial1201.html

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...d-to-Crown-King-AZ?highlight=crown+king+group

Did this trail a couple of times in my Fronty, great training trail. Hoping to make it out with you all and see what the LC can do, need to do some training in it now. Quick question, does anyone remove the sway bars to get better articulation? I never had sway bars on my SAS'd Fronty.

I know this trail will make me want lockers, but never had a CDL so this will be interesting.

Did this trail a couple of times in my Fronty, great training trail. Hoping to make it out with you all and see what the LC can do, need to do some training in it now. Quick question, does anyone remove the sway bars to get better articulation? I never had sway bars on my SAS'd Fronty.

I know this trail will make me want lockers, but never had a CDL so this will be interesting.

Recent testing shows 15% increase in travel with the front sway bar disconnected.

IMG_6828.jpg

Once I listened to my spotter and went left more i made it through :eek:

:doh:

One time you get through with ease and next time you get a bad line and end up hanging up a slider but still a ton of fun.

Im stoked: My daughter and her friend want to join me on this run :bounce:

MtKrietz will be my co-pilot/DJ/spotter :steer:

Yep Heidi and my self will be there my brother might be riding along. And I might have a fellow co-worker going as well. If he does make it hell be the only full size suburban with monster tires don't give him too much crap Also FYI Heidi and I are bringing Krispy Kreme doughnuts aka "Power Rings" for any one that's wants any at the meet up see y'all out there

Damn, I'm going to miss Heidi and the power rings. Hope you guys have a fun ride, see you next week

Yep Heidi and my self will be there my brother might be riding along. And I might have a fellow co-worker going as well. If he does make it hell be the only full size suburban with monster tires don't give him too much crap Also FYI Heidi and I are bringing Krispy Kreme doughnuts aka "Power Rings" for any one that's wants any at the meet up see y'all out there

You had me at "Power Rings".... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom