CHINESE AHC shocks on ebay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried these? Any good? Look much like OEM from the outside.

Which on should I get at present?

This one looks pretty good - seller has a decent rating, and shows 2 screenshots featuring Techstream.

This one looks pretty good - seller has a decent rating, and shows 2 screenshots featuring Techstream.
Thanks. I will order this one in January when I get on this. I am very pleased that I probably do not need new shocks!

One of my rear shocks are weeping a bit accoring to the inspection, although I can't see it.
I have to wait till I got my car back from the mechanic before I can hook up Techstream and check the pressures.

One of my rear shocks are weeping a bit accoring to the inspection, although I can't see it.
I have to wait till I got my car back from the mechanic before I can hook up Techstream and check the pressures.
Please let us know what Techstream tells you. My fronts have oil on them, but it can't be too bad since I have not lost more than a couple of ounces of AHC fluid in the last two years.

Will be after Christmas, potentially in the new year as I am waiting on new parts to arrive.

I presume the software links are still good. The link for the cable, however, is not, and the reviews for various mini VCI cables are very mixed. Which on should I get at present?
The cables are annoying in that regard. The "real" cables are ~$500. Everything you're seeing on Amazon and ebay are all knockoffs that are sold under a revolving door of generic names.

If you want the real deal, spend $500 on a Mongoose or something similar. If you want to save $$, gotta just roll the dice with a vendor with a decent rating.

Using my cheapy ebay cable for years now.

Surprising -- but in any case partsouq may be more relevant, cheaper shipping to your Kuwait location -- https://partsouq.com/
I think post covid, there are restriction on some parts on impex. All of their shipping methods mentions “gas charged shock absorbers” under “We do not ship” tab. Partsouq shows a caution sign in the cart as well showing hydraulic parts are not shipped, but shocks may be shipped by fedex only. Doesn’t worth the hassle. Local toyota parts sell shocks at cheaper price than partsouq. Not sure about accumulators etc.

I got it, and it came with a disk including a 64 bit driver and something that got me past the Techstream key. I'm having a hell of a time getting it work though. Says "unable to connect to VIM." Chinese support guy says I must turn of my firewall to install his 64 bit driver. Firewall anti-virus says driver contains a "Zorex worm virus". I am not very good at this type of computer stuff. What should I do?

Screenshot_20240131_145121_Gallery.jpg

I got it, and it came with a disk including a 64 bit driver and something that got me past the Techstream key. I'm having a hell of a time getting it work though. Says "unable to connect to VIM." Chinese support guy says I must turn of my firewall to install his 64 bit driver. Firewall anti-virus says driver contains a "Zorex worm virus". I am not very good at this type of computer stuff. What should I do?

View attachment 3549851

View attachment 3549851
Try using the techstream version at 5 minutes to techstream thread. It’s old, but works. Run it through VMware etc.

I will try. Week after next. Quail season over then and work on Lexus begins.
2 months back I got a mini vci too. The cd came with that one looked a little complex. I just used the cable and downloaded Techstream version from the thread, ver12 something. It worked at first try. The car is over 15 year old then why not the software? It’s stable version anyway. Unless something defective, it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom