Lx470 1998-99 AHC reinstall (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There,

I have a 98 Model Lx470, which i have recently acquired, the car is mechanically fine and I have done the T.Belt and waterpump changes and the engine runs good TBH.
The issue is that the car is missing the AHC shocks and Accumulator globes but all other systems seem to be intact. Seems like the previous owner did a half worthy job on the AHC delete and just installed the LC100 non Ahc Shocks

I was trying to source the AHC shocks but toyota pages show a different part number for the 1998-03/99 models and different part numbers for 99/03 + models.
Wanted to check a few things from the experienced members of the forum.

1. Are AHC shocks between the 1998-99 interchangeable with the models like 99-2007 ?
2. Is there a way to check if the AHC pump is functional or busted without having Accumulator Globes and shocks?

Thanks any and all comments are welcomed

if any part of the closed system has been left open to the elements, you may be opening a huge can of worms in the form of opening up and flushing out lines, etc. I would consider AHC deletion a one-way modification

Hi There,

I have a 98 Model Lx470, which i have recently acquired, the car is mechanically fine and I have done the T.Belt and waterpump changes and the engine runs good TBH.
The issue is that the car is missing the AHC shocks and Accumulator globes but all other systems seem to be intact. Seems like the previous owner did a half worthy job on the AHC delete and just installed the LC100 non Ahc Shocks

I was trying to source the AHC shocks but toyota pages show a different part number for the 1998-03/99 models and different part numbers for 99/03 + models.
Wanted to check a few things from the experienced members of the forum.

1. Are AHC shocks between the 1998-99 interchangeable with the models like 99-2007 ?
2. Is there a way to check if the AHC pump is functional or busted without having Accumulator Globes and shocks?

Thanks any and all comments are welcomed
As someone who has spent alot of time working on AHC over the last couple of years for various forum members and myself...I'd be weary of trying to use any of the existing AHC components that were not capped or sealed off.

Do you know why the PO removed the system? That'll really help determine whether it is worth digging into.

to answer your questions:

1. There is a difference. The orifice at the top of the shock is a different size from the earlier models and not interchangeable with later models.
2. If you have a techstream, you can cycle the AHC pump. Doing that without fluid is not a good idea. If you're willing to make a mess, you can add fluid and cycle it, but just know, it'll pump anywhere the system is open and continue to run until it can build pressure.

Hope this helps.

Hello @ktmracer01 , @excessive

Thanks for your response,
@ktmracer01 well TBH i dont mind flushing the system multiple times to get it up to code. But yea the truck was standing atleast for a year with the accumulator globe holes open and the tube from the shock orifice open. But my region is dry so water contamination is not an issue, but dust/sand is a big one.

i might look around for shocks for the 98-99 specific models, if i am in luck ill go about with flushing and will also try cycling the motor, i just feel i dont have the items needed (shocks, globes) to even cycle the motor properly.

Else a complete delete is the best way forward

Thanks again.

I would try to find a set of components from someone that removed the system. *Unless* you can afford to just buy the entire set of 4 shocks and 4 globes new.

I think this is worthwhile if you have a bunch of free time. But I would count on it being a big time sink.

I'm on the same boat as this man. I'm trying a lot of similar things to resurrect my AHC. The more I inspect, the more parts need to be sourced. Snapped the bleed screw on accumulator. Now I need to buy a new accumulator too..:crybaby::crybaby:. Only thing I'm missing are AHC shocks and Front sensors. Globes are obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom