Center Diff Washer Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing a full rebuild of my spare HF2A (non VC) in the hopes of getting it close to factory spec.

In this adventure I noticed that there was a ton of backlash in the centre diff gears. What I found odd is that there is no MAX backlash spec in the FSM for this t case - only MIN blacklash.

I took a look at my 100 series FSM and sure enough, it has the opposite spec. MAX 0.05mm backlash.

IMG_0545.JPG

What is the general rule with the thrust washer spacers in these things? Should I be making this tight until it is close to 0.05mm backlash? Seems to me people just put the old washers back in and call it a day, but I'm a perfectionist, so...

For the moment I increased both thrust washer sizes by 0.5mm in hopes of tightening up just a bit but not "too tight".

Last edited:
The washers on mine are at different thicknesses 1.75 and 2.0mm
The shaft in the center is worn out where the gear spins and was thinking of only replacing the 2 spider gears that go on the shaft. (One side has obvious signs of wear. Should I replace the top and bottom spider gears too?
What about setting proper backlash???

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

Maybe replacing the 1.75 to 2.0 would be enough to reduce what little backlash you have and perhaps having different sized spacers cause uneven shaft wear??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom